smoking paint on a new pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cncpro

Jun 29, 2008
NE Connecticut, USA
I am certain this is normal but how long will it stink for ?

cncpro said:
I am certain this is normal but how long will it stink for ?
The manual (on mine it's page 25) says it is normal and tells you to open the windows for air circulation - there's a Caution box on the bottom of the page about it.
Signature
Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200
installed, inspected and tested Aug 7, 2008

Don’t let your salesman fool you like they did to me…
Quadrafire CB1200 pellet stoves come from CHINA

Maybe you could look at a nice American made Breckwell or something instead ?
Just interested if there's something wrong with it or if American made is just always better? Are you certain any "American made" stove is really made here?

American made is the best IMNSHO.

Everywhere else excepting China is second choice.

China is my lowest preference due to the massive amount of trade deficit I see.

So far, nothing serious wrong with it... Sloppy sticker application (warning labels, etc) and a stripped-out screw are about all I have to whine about. I'm just not happy about the salesperson's mistake regarding the country of origin.

Can you ever really be certain ? I suppose not... But I would've been happier if it came in a box that said "Made with pride in the USA".

The Paint smell will take some time... probably the best thing you can do to get the "burn off" over-with... is to turn the stove on high.. run for about 4 hours... ( make sure to open windows, turn off smoke detectors)... and hopefully by then it will have dissipate... If not... repeat !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.