Smoking secondary chamber

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huffdawg

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I'm getting lots of smoke out my secondary door when I open it to look at gasification . Also quite a bit of smoke out the chimney. I moved the turbulator handle prior to starting fire. I thinking there must be a bunch of fly ash in the bottom of the turbs.

Huff

I'm assuming you are not gassifying at that time, like Taxidermist asks about the bed of coals, gasses forced thru the bed of coals give you the white/blue flame with a nice roar with virtually no smoke. When gassifying I can hear a roar inside my unit. Nozzle could be plugged with charcoal (coals not yet matured to red hot gassers :coolgrin: ) or most likely a combo of ash and charcoal. Check the nozzle in the upper chamber.

Yup ,you guys were bang on. I guess I loaded the wood in too tight must of been a chunk blocking the the jet off. working fine now . Whats your fan set at Rob.

Set my mine to 50% and my secondaries at 4.5 turns. seems to gasify with a better blue flame . I was reading more on the Fine tuning stickey so I started playing. maybe burn the wood a little slower

Huff

I always start mine on 100% as I get a nice bed of coals I turn it to 50% so I dont wash the coals away from the rear nozzle so fast.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.