Smooth Wall Liners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Anybody have any experience with the "smooth wall" flex liners? I have a 25 foot one inbound for my hideous pre-EPA beast. I am expecting it to be harder to handle than the single ply.

Can you supply a manufacturer so I can get educated about the liner thanks

That stuff can't possibly work. There's no way for the coriolis effect to screw the smoke up the chimney. (Warren ducks and heads for cover) :) :)

Seriously...One of my local dealers sells and installs something that looks like that. It looks great, but it's expensive and I suspect that unless your install is very straight, very hard to handle.

Warren said:
That stuff can't possibly work. There's no way for the coriolis effect to screw the smoke up the chimney. (Warren ducks and heads for cover) :) :)

Seriously...One of my local dealers sells and installs something that looks like that. It looks great, but it's expensive and I suspect that unless your install is very straight, very hard to handle.

I know. The reason I ordered it is that I was afraid that if I got a spiraled liner and the spiral went opposite the coriolis effect of the smoke my liner would get pulled right down out of the flue and mashed up at the bottom.

Seriously...I was going to go with solid straight pipe with a piece of flex at the bottom but decided to give this a try. Twenty feet of the flue is straight as an arrow and from there I have a large smoke chamber to work with. If it won't work I will use it on the other flue which is a straight shot down to the basement stove thimble.

Wrestling it on the roof has got me concerned. Of course, typical of all my planning, the one thing that I figure will be a problem will be the least of the troubles I have with the job.

Turner-n-Burner said:
Does that stuff have insulative properties because of the double wall? or do you still need to wrap it with an insulation blanket?

-Dan

I haven't seen any claims to that effect and I doubt that it does since the plys are in contact with each other.

That stuff looks alot like the old simpson dura-flex. My installers loved that product. It was pretty expensive but didnt have a problem selling it. Im talking in past tense because simpson now uses a different material for there flex liners. Its more like the standard stuff, at the same price as the old.

It doenst bend as well as the typical corrigated stuff,its heavier, easier to clean, more durable, and no, there isnt realy any insulation properties.

Eliminates the inherent turbulence that light weight corrugated liners induce.
There’s no way for the coriolis effect to screw the smoke up the chimney

0.06 x 2 construction­ twice as thick as lumpy 1-ply liners.

2-ply smoothwall design offers superb draft and clean combusting appliances.

Extremely strong, flexible construction that can be winched.

No need to upsize diameter due to capacity loss from corrugation.
People thought I made this up the drag from corrrugation and code requiring it to be up sized due to additional friction

Allegheny Ludlum prime 316-L and AL294C alloys exclusively used.
316 is much better grade than the 304

Lifetime Warranty

3” to 16” I.D. diameters available and in stock.

Super-Flow™ 2-ply utilizes state of the art flex liner components.

Status
Not open for further replies.