Snow, Glorious Snow!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

littlalex

Oct 6, 2007
Hewitt, NJ
Howdy Folks! - Just wanted to let you know that I stopped trying to burn my house down, AND, right now I'm looking out at 2-3 inches of
glorious, soft and still falling snow here in Hewitt, NJ (northern, northern Passaic County.)

It's a beautiful thing. I even hear snow plows out on the county road. Hell, I didn't even know we had snow plows up here! (moved from suburbia in February).

Think I'll take out the new Suzuki SX4 AWD (Sweet and exceedingly inexpensive little car).

Heck, I think I'm going to have to buy myself a Mackinaw...

Peace,
Litttlalex

Get out of here! Already with the fluffy white stuff?

I grew up in Bloomingdale, but for some reason Hewitt doesn't sound familiar? Where is that at?

Corie - Hi, farther north, up past the reservoirs and about two miles from Warwick. It's legally part of Upper Greenwood
Lake. A friend of mine who was raised here told me "when it's raining anywhere south, it's snowing here.

Littlalex

We had some wet snow here in Bloomingdale but no accumulation. We call Hewitt part of West Milford. Surely you heard of that Corie. I used to work in Newark and the same about the rain in Newark, I knew it would be snowing in Bloomingdale. So I had a little mantra I would say at work - If it's flurryin, I'm worryin - If it's snowin, I'm goin. You know it would take 2 to 3 hours to get home from Newark if there was any white stuff on the roads, so I was sure to head home asap.

I'm ready for some snow down here in Ohio... probably won't see any for a while still.

-SF

Status
Not open for further replies.