snow is here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowtime

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2007
northern BC
We got 5' last night. The T6 is still only running days as we do not have any serious cold yet. After we have dipped down to low temps I will have a report but so far this stove is working out great. Trucks are all up on blocks waiting until spring. I guess I am the only one who gets snowed in for the winter? It might sound funny but this time of year we do not feel cut off but rather protected from the crazy times. Have a safe winter everyone.

I'm in wonderful Medicine Hat this week on bidnezz. There's a little snow on the ground right now. Gets colder than a well digger's butt out here in mid winter I guess- with wind flying across the plains. There's just no trees out here. I don't know what I'd burn if I lived here.

snowtime said:
We got 5' last night. The T6 is still only running days as we do not have any serious cold yet. After we have dipped down to low temps I will have a report but so far this stove is working out great. Trucks are all up on blocks waiting until spring. I guess I am the only one who gets snowed in for the winter? It might sound funny but this time of year we do not feel cut off but rather protected from the crazy times. Have a safe winter everyone.

5 feet of snow! Yikes!! :bug:

Looking forward to hearing reports of the T6 running in the north country snowtime. Keep us posted. It hit 60 here today, 70 a bit north of us in Monroe. No snow or burning for now.

Jim,
Same I was thinking. 5' that ain't a few flurries...
Good luck with the next few months.

Adios Pantalones said:
I'm in wonderful Medicine Hat this week on bidnezz.

AP...you a hockey scout? ;-P

I think it would be cool to snowed in till spring/isolated but what do you do in the event of a medical problem..tough it out?. You must have an enourmous storage area for food and WOOD. Got pics or are you literally stuck inside?

wow thats crazy .my thermostat is currently at 79 degrees and we have 4 inches on the ground and currently at 27 here in northwestern Pa.....just cant imagine that kind of snow fall ..
the world is a scary place anymore, sometimes its good to be secluded and locked into the comfy safe zone of your house

Sounds cool to me but but I know the grass always seems greener on the other side of the fence. In this case it is gonna be a while before snowtime sees the grass again.

POST PICTURES!

Claybe,
As a fantasy of mine he is a school teacher (yes I am). Having a few months off, sounds like a great idea in the middle of the winter. I'll take the summer for that.
Chad

Adios Pantalones said:
In my fantasy he's a homeless Ruth Buzzy impersonator...

That was almost evil.

What are you doing in Med. Hat anyway? That place was crazy enough before you got there.

Adios in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada?/

What is this? An invasion of the arteeesttee`s?

Welcome, and don`t forget--we are always looking for new recruits for that little business in Afghanistan. ;-P

Well I am a retired guide. As for the place I keep trails open to the greenhouses and coop etc with a tractor with blower and bucket. Usually we get 30+ snow a year and its sometimes snowshoe time until the first week of May. Winter is relax time to enjoy the summers work. The firewood is stored in the basement and the wood for the greenhouse is stored in there. Skiing, snowshoeing and skating are our favorite outdoor pastimes and now that we have sat we enjoy the web and tv. There is no over the air reception here so sat was a big change for us. As far as medical we have done for ourselves for almost 40 years and will not change our lifestyle for fear of future. Of course it helps to be active and eat good food.

Adios Pantalones said:
"Talented" waitstaff everywhere I go.

...got pics of the local talent? :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.