snow-stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolly

Apr 22, 2010
Ludlow
I was very surprised that it snowed. I had to start my stove up when I got home this afternoon.It was warm ,it didnt take long .
I wasnt expecting snow.I thought it was over.Im glad my son brought me this one,as I had it ready in case the other broke down as it was up in age. It did,finally.So I had other son hook it up & got it going.Then stupid me ,broke the glass thats in front,which is removable,so you can watch the fire,as in fireplace style. You cant hear it ,but you can see flames.

I probably missed it Dolly . . . but what stove did you get? And how pray tell did you break the glass . . . the "glass" in these stoves is pretty durable unless you toss in a split against it or have a long split and try to slam the door shut.

I have a ProFormer-z with glass window in front to watch fire -it is removable,yet I droped the front trap door closed too fast & it hit the glass.The door to open to put the wood in is on side. So now I have to see about a new glass.The stove warms nicely ,just takes longer.It holds biger wood then the one hubby built.We had that for 30 yrs,it finally gave up,fell apart.I could hear the wood crackling inside,with this one I have to open the door to make sure its going.Its much biger than the other too.

Inferno-how old is the dog? Puppy-could not tell as pic is small,my eyes not as good as used to be-sorry.

Dolly said:
I have a ProFormer-z with glass window in front to watch fire -it is removable,yet I droped the front trap door closed too fast & it hit the glass.The door to open to put the wood in is on side. So now I have to see about a new glass.The stove warms nicely ,just takes longer.It holds biger wood then the one hubby built.We had that for 30 yrs,it finally gave up,fell apart.I could hear the wood crackling inside,with this one I have to open the door to make sure its going.Its much biger than the other too.

Ah, has anyone mentioned One Day Glass to you and how to size the glass?

Dolly said:
I was very surprised that it snowed. I had to start my stove up when I got home this afternoon.It was warm ,it didnt take long .
I wasnt expecting snow.I thought it was over.Im glad my son brought me this one,as I had it ready in case the other broke down as it was up in age. It did,finally.So I had other son hook it up & got it going.Then stupid me ,broke the glass thats in front,which is removable,so you can watch the fire,as in fireplace style. You cant hear it ,but you can see flames.

Saw the title but saw no pics of the snow stove. Here is one for your perfect picture Dolly.

Attachments

• snow hearth2.jpg
    snow hearth2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 278
Status
Not open for further replies.