Snowmobiling on Januaray 8 in CT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskiatomic

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2008
Central CT
Sorry no action shots, but Muther Nature has gotten me a bit pissed, So fired up the sled and tore the hell out of the lawn.

Somethings gotta give. DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!

KC

Attachments

• grass dragin 002.jpg
    grass dragin 002.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 296
  • grass dragin 001.jpg
    grass dragin 001.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 290
i totally agree this weather blows!. hate winters like this. or should i say spring.

Seems like every spring I'm reseeding the lawn. :lol:

You just had to now, didn't you KC? :shut:
Adult beverages involved I am guessing. :lol:

I feel your pain :long:

Aerating the lawn . . . I hear that's good for the lawn. ;)

Nothing wrong with an occasional dethatching now and then ......and you guys are right, this weather blows. Had my first deer tick of the season yesterday wbile out getting stones for my hearth project.......they should be dormant by now >:-(

You need a trailer to head up North.

and this year maybe a Passport, too. :)

I just wheel my sled onto the driveway, remove the belt from the clutch, fire it up, sit on it and do a few rev ups to about 5K. Love the 2 cycle smell but really missing the full throttle bursts...

I've started to get reports of folks riding in northwestern Maine and way up in The Crown of Maine . . . but while they have started grooming in some locations it's very limited riding . . . no snow right now where I live.

There's hints in the extended forcast that below normal cold temps will be settling into the northeast starting this Friday. They also suggested it doesn't appear that this cold will move out anytime soon. If we get cold air in place and it sticks, we will get natures snow guns going for sure with all the weather (rain so far) that's been hitting NE these days.

You just had to now, didn’t you KC?
Adult beverages involved I am guessing.

Ummmm, well you see. Umm, it kinda was supposed to be ummmm.

HELL YES!

It's all Dougs fault, he got me started.

KC

We have a white coating in Northern Nh but not much else. I did a long hike on Saturday up on top of the mountains and even on top, there wasnt much more than a foot. I feel real bad for the local tourism industry workers, they really depend on snowmachines and skiers. The ski slopes are making snow but not many folks will drive up unless there is natrual snow. I was in the local pizza hut the other night and it was empty. A local guy started a snowmachine rental business last year with about 15 sleds, this year he has at least 30 and they are sitting right where they were delivered.

iskiatomic said:
You just had to now, didn’t you KC?
Adult beverages involved I am guessing.

Ummmm, well you see. Umm, it kinda was supposed to be ummmm.

HELL YES!

It's all Dougs fault, he got me started.

KC

You blame Doug for everthing..poor Doug... :smirk:

give it another week and we'll start to winter kick in here in NewEngland....

at least i hope so..i need the overtime so i can buy another pellet stove !!....LOL

CTguy9230 said:
give it another week and we'll start to winter kick in here in NewEngland....

at least i hope so..i need the overtime so i can buy another pellet stove !!....LOL
i hope so and i hope it stays cold till may

Hang in there Ken. Perhaps you will be out riding or skiing soon. Actually, this reminds me of many years ago when I did the same. lol

Saturday's 60ºF was nice. If the Lake didn't have a skin of ice on it. The kid and I would a hit it for some bass fishing. If you can't beat em join em! ;-)

Any snow up north? Road trip!

It's not me . . . and still no snow where I live . . . but there is some snow in Maine . . . not much, but enough in some places for some people.

Attachments

• EarlySled1.jpg
    EarlySled1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 165
  • EarlySled2.jpg
    EarlySled2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 144
I'm not taking any heat for Kenny's actions.

Actually, it's kinda scary to see it full throttle.
Zero to 60 in the backyard, stuff happens quick.

I just hope it snows soon to get him back to normal.
The whining? Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.