Snowy frozen wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I bang them together. Should I use the ones that are frozen or should I use a clean dry one and one that is partially covered? Do I need to get fresh sticks? What size sticks are you referring to? Would twigs work, they are sticks aren't they?

gzecc said:
How do I bang them together.
Carefully so you don't blacken a nail. When I had ice covered wood, I'd lay the split on the chopping block and beat on it with the poll of the axe as I turned the wood to get the worst of the ice off. The worst was trying to separate the wood from the blue tarp to which it was firmly frozen.

gzecc said:
How do I bang them together. Should I use the ones that are frozen or should I use a clean dry one and one that is partially covered? Do I need to get fresh sticks? What size sticks are you referring to? Would twigs work, they are sticks aren't they?

I'm guessing you guys don't get much snow and ice, huh? ;) :)

It really doesn't matter if one is snow covered and one isn't . . . or they're both snow covered or what size they are as long as you can grasp one or both of them. Just take 'em and bang them together . . . whack, whack, whack . . . just be sure that your pet dog doesn't decide to jump up on you in middle of the whacking . . . and that you don't inadvertently whack your fingers.

Good luck.

Bingo, finally the right answer! Was wondering how long this would go.

Status
Not open for further replies.