So aggravated with Napoleon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be barking at the dealer. If he wants to keep his customers, he should have replaced your motor asap, then deal with napolean himself. He should be on your side if he wants to continue in the stove business. If he has a problem with a manufacturer, he can change who he sells for.

Reactions: brokenknee
Huff
Nice game 4-3 Van, we want Luongo!!!!

Ozark,
I hope you were able to get this resolved. Did the dealer or manufacturer help you out in the end (warranty)?

PC

Nope. Still stuck with a sticking motor and a non working furnace. The dealer has been very helpful but they cannot force Napoleon to get me a replacement motor. Napoleon keeps saying they will replace it, but I have called and emailed the dealer and Napoleon dozens of times, and am still waiting. I even offered to purchase a motor and they could issue me a refund when I send the old one back, but I'm told it wont make this any quicker. Suppossedly it has been on order this whole time.

WOW,
I hope nobody in Alaska buys one of these furnaces. Over one month to get a replacement motor, in the middle of winter. WOW

These motors should be on the shelf, somewhere. Maybe they had to call China to get one made.
It aggravates me, just reading about the (customer service) you are getting.
Hang in there, I hope they wake up soon and help you out.

I was looking at Napolean stoves for the cottage, but not any more.

PC

UPDATE!

Well, it'll be 2013 in a few hours. Thought I'd get on here and update you guys.

I seriously hope no one is considered buying one of these HMF150 furnaces. I still do not have a working furnace. I have contacted a lawyer, not sure what is going to happen with it. We're very disappointed in Napoleon and the dealer, who is a big well known dealer.

Basically, I was finally sent a replacement motor assembly late in the heating season last year after many problems. Some of the parts are the same but some are different than the original. So initially, the unit worked fine after the "upgrade". But I only used it for a couple weeks since our winter broke very early last year.

Fast forward to of october this year. It works fine for 2 nights, then it starts sticking again. The motor will lock up or something binds preventing the air shutter from opening correctly. So napoleon says the motor must be rusty, but its not I check it out for them. So they take my number and say they will work on a fix for me. After weeks of calling back and getting a the run around from them and the dealer, they finally email me instructions to adjust the "motor". It was ridiculous! It included loosening the mounting screws until the lever started to open and even leaving the cover off if needed. None of this worked more than a half dozen cycles before the shutter started binding again.

Then after several more weeks of calls and emails and them and the dealer passing the buck, they say they have had a few problems with the shutter opening on some units and they will send me a new back piece to the furnace that should "update the furnace to current specs". So after a few more weeks, I finally get a back piece of the furnace that encloses the shutter assembly that is bashed all to pieces along the top and one corner. No way will it bolt to the furnace. Its scrap metal at this point. And I see nothing different from my original back plate.

They emailed me asking for my shipping address and I replied. The next day I got an email saying they already sent it out to the address I recieved the furnace at. It was my old work place! Then I had to go there are ask for my part. Why bother asking my address?

So, I am furious. Now supposedly they are sending another replacement. IF i ever get it, I will try it out.

I asked for credit on this furnace from the dealer and I would buy something, anything that would work. They said no.

This dealer and Napoleon are the most unprofessional folks I have ever dealt with at customer service. It a shame to, because this furnace is nice when it works. However, i usually have to operate it manually.

That's a shame, it's looks like a very nice furnace with alot of options. It sounds like they changed design of the shutter due to the problems they were having. Maybe they put it out too quickly without proper testing and engineering, who knows. Hopefully things get settled for you.

I decided I wanted either this Napoleon or the Max Caddy. If I would have known how this would turn out, I would have gladly paid more for the Caddy. It wasn't but a few hundred more if I remember correctly.

I have thought about selling it if I ever get it lined out but I know I would loose alot on it. Maybe it will all work out.

I feel for ya man!!

It sounds like it was not the motor after all, if it still sticks with new motor.
Hopefully the "new and improved back plate" will fix it. If it dosen't, you are going to have to fix it yourself and forget the dealer. There should be a "jack of all trades" mechanic or machinist in your area that could rig up a slide plate that does not jam up.

Good luck

I have two Napoleon appliances and I can tell you that is the main b*tch I have with them.....their customer service SUCKS. PERIOD.

They will not deal with the customer at all, they dump it ALL on the dealer. Our local dealer (I won't mention any names) is a complete ASS.....even worse than the actual company, IMO.

I bought my NZ3000 off of an online dealer and I couldn't be any happier with how they treated me, both on the sale AND when it comes to needing parts.....

Good luck, keep us posted on what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.