So beautiful it would have brought a tear to my eye...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
...if I wasn't "dead inside" (wife's words, not mine)

On the way to school today, Ethan (will be six years old this winter) said "WOOAHH, look at that tree!!! I want to cut it down!!! Daddy, when i'm bigger, will you help me cut that tree down?"

me: "Sure, if they let us, but why would we cut it down? it looks like a nice tree."

Ethan: "But it's not safe there, it's dead on top and too close to that house, you always say that we can cut down trees if they aren't safe or if they are hurting other trees. Besides, we can always plant a new one."

Darned kid is more observant than I am. Listens even when i think he's not.

Looks like we might get one of these for Christmas:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...me=All&psid=PRODUCTPLUS&sid=ISx20090511x00001 (unless I can find a Stihl one!!!)

yep Iam stihl holding out for a stihl myself the grandson would love it either way!

At 5-6 years old with observing at that level of detail. You got a sharp cookie on your hands. Mold him well.

Brilliant!
Always nice to know they have practical interests and are using their heads. Well done Danno, you are raising him well.

My two sons are 12 and 14 now, and more and more often are coming up with stuff like that. The younger one is the chief kindling splitter and a great fire starter who takes pride in it . The older one is strong and wiry, and can split wood like nobody's business. I plan to start him on the chainsaw (real one) next year.

The toy Stihl ones are out there.

Attachments

• toyweb.jpg
    toyweb.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 383
’berta Burner said:
The toy Stihl ones are out there.
oh, that's awesome. i need to check the internet for that....

Does he have Stihl brand PPE, too?

woooahhh, look at the ones on ebay. those things look soooo real! i'm bidding right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.