So Confused...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris2879

Nov 8, 2010
Western MA
I was pretty much set on buying the Pacific Energy Summit then i started looking at Lopi Freedom. I feel that PE is a good stove, but the only thing that has me not all for it is the viewing area. I think the PE is smaller, but could not find the info anywhere online about the dimensions of the Freedom. Which is a better stove?

I hesitate to say anything here, but our Travis Industries (Avalon) stove (they also make the Lopi) has been a fine quality purchase. There are a ton of great stoves out there, and I'm sure the P.E. Summit is fine as well.

It's personal preference ...........just get the stove that best serves your needs, and satisfies your eye.

-Soupy1957

Tough decision, both are great quality stoves. I like the Lopi because of the bypass, good for smokeless reloading and quick startups but the PE has that great stainless baffle system and you can load a larger split N/S than the Lopi. Flip a coin.

With a proper flue, there is no need for a bypass. Both stoves are very easy starters. Ultimately it really is a coin toss that may be best decided by what is locally available and the quality of the dealer. I like Lopi because it means keeping WA state employed, but either one is a good choice.

BeGreen said:
... a coin toss that may be best decided by what is locally available and the quality of the dealer...

x2

Lopi is American made and seems to have a good reputation for customer service, but I'd give the biz locally to the guy you think will be there for you down the road. Ask a lot of questions, get a feel for his honesty, and check out the dealer's reputation for service.

I bought a Jotul, but I did look at the Lopi stoves at my dealer. I thought they were very nice and well built. That is all I can say about them because I never operated one. I picked Jotul because the Old lady next door has had one for something like 20 years and I would never hear the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.