So did I get a full 5 cords?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddybry

Jul 3, 2008
N. Prov. RI
I have 2 stacks, one measuring 13ft 9'' X 6ft X 4ft 6" the other is 10' X 5' X 4'....I think they shorted me
There's also a decent size pile of chunk I haven't stacked yet. I'll post a few pics later tonight.

Thanks

My math says that you got a little less than 4 1/2 cords not including the "chunk" that you have mentioned.

Bill

You've already stacked ~4 1/2 cords of wood. Why do people keep coming here looking for someone to do arithmetic for them? %-P Rick

whats arithmetic? he he he.

by the way, quick question about picking up some wood.

I have been asked by my supplier to meet him 45% of the way for my transaction. He lives 50 miles away and he wants to meet by noon tomorrow. If he is traveling at 45 miles per hour, and I am traveling at 60 miles an hour, what time do I need to leave to meet him at the designated spot not taking traffic into consideration.

Thanks LOL.

Bears.

bears12th said:
whats arithmetic? he he he.

by the way, quick question about picking up some wood.

I have been asked by my supplier to meet him 45% of the way for my transaction. He lives 50 miles away and he wants to meet by noon tomorrow. If he is traveling at 45 miles per hour, and I am traveling at 60 miles an hour, what time do I need to leave to meet him at the designated spot not taking traffic into consideration.

Thanks LOL.

Bears.

Ten o'clock. That way you can get a drive-up breakfast at Burger King before they switch over to the lunch menu.

fossil said:
You've already stacked ~4 1/2 cords of wood. Why do people keep coming here looking for someone to do arithmetic for them? %-P Rick

I have trouble helping my son with his grade 2 math homework! With my shoddy math calculatin' I came up with 4.4625 cords alread stacked. I paid 180/cord, so I don't know if I'll raise too much of a stink with my supplier.

Pretty close, I got 4.4629.

Bill

Tell him you think you're a few hundredths of a cord short and see what he says. :lol: Rick

EDIT: Make sure you do that on the phone, not in person, otherwise he might just chuck a couple of splits at you to make up the difference.

bears12th said:
...I have been asked by my supplier to meet him 45% of the way for my transaction. He lives 50 miles away and he wants to meet by noon tomorrow. If he is traveling at 45 miles per hour, and I am traveling at 60 miles an hour, what time do I need to leave to meet him at the designated spot not taking traffic into consideration.

I'm still working on it, but I need more information. What are the rates of acceleration and deceleration of your vehicle? How many stop signs are there along the route? Stop lights? (requires some statistical probability analysis). What about his vehicle and his route (same questions)? This is hard, so if you need the answer by tomorrow, I'd suggest you just go ahead and leave now. %-P Rick

Hey Bry,
At $180/cord, take it and run. I hope some is seasoned. Get it off of the ground ASAP, stacked. Wood is going for $250/cord, green, right now so dont sweat it. If I remember correctly, you should have about 2 yrs of supply there. Good score.

Do we also need to account for pee breaks in our calculations?

Also... I need to know if the moon will be full or not.

-SF

bears12th said:
...I have been asked by my supplier to meet him 45% of the way for my transaction. He lives 50 miles away and he wants to meet by noon tomorrow. If he is traveling at 45 miles per hour, and I am traveling at 60 miles an hour, what time do I need to leave to meet him at the designated spot not taking traffic into consideration.

I've been up all night working on this, and what I've determined is that it doesn't matter how fast either of you drives, if each of you travels 45% of the distance you'll never meet. If you go 60 and he goes 45, you'll just not meet him sooner than when he doesn't meet you. %-P Rick

deadhorse.gif

Hmm...X's for eyes...gotta be dead. Rick

Well, ad`s in the paper around here for softwood are saying-180 per cord and get it soon cause it won`t last. I think whining time is over and get it split in small pieces so it can dry and get on with your life. In the wood business, it is very seldom that you get exactly what you think you paid for.

With the exception of Lee`s, who is in it for "big time", most of these guys can`t measure, don`t know math, and can`t find another way to make a buck. They are not neccesairly dishonest, maybe just not the sharpest tool in the shed? And they too, have families to feed.

^Yeah that's pretty much the way I see too...most of the wood sellers around here do it to supplement their unemployment insurance.

myzamboni said:

Smacking a horse on the arse (dead or alive) should fetch you 5-10 in the Peoples Republic of California.

Or get ya kicked..... good
andere020.gif

If you get that close when they are down and sleeping, they're usually gonna come up bucking, kicking, farting, and snorting
scared0008.gif

'Course, if it's dead, better get it buried, quick
Pep049.gif

Ok, I have to say this, hate me all you want...

Due to the Asian Long Horn Beetle infestation in the New England area specifically Worcester, Mass.
Prices are sky high.
Wood suppliers in the Worcester area have been shut down, trees are getting destroyed to prevent further damage in surrounding areas.
Most places are out of actual true seasoned, I have heard of quotes for green as high as 375.00 a cord.
If you are getting your wood this late in the season under 200.00, and it is seasoned count your blessings!

http://www.ci.worcester.ma.us/cmo/beetles.htm

Girl said:
Ok, I have to say this, hate me all you want...

Due to the Asian Long Horn Beetle infestation in the New England area specifically Worcester, Mass.
Prices are sky high.
Wood suppliers in the Worcester area have been shut down, trees are getting destroyed to prevent further damage in surrounding areas.
Most places are out of actual true seasoned, I have heard of quotes for green as high as 375.00 a cord.
If you are getting your wood this late in the season under 200.00, and it is seasoned count your blessings!

http://www.ci.worcester.ma.us/cmo/beetles.htm

And bless you for putting some common sense into this thread :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.