So disappointed :(

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKIN052

Minister of Fire
Nov 12, 2008
Appleton, Newfoundland
Got the new Quad, just picked up a wood cart. Went to the Forestry department and got a permit for the only cutting area anywhere near me. Should have did a recce before hand, went out tonight to take a look at the area and it was clear cut of any decent wood at all. Nothing but bog and a few stands of spruce way off in the distance. Now i am regulated to going to the Pulp and Paper cutting areas and picking up there slash. Not cool.

That sucks.

That's one of the downfalls of a public cutting area like that. Unless you are first in, you are usually left with the scraps.

Bummer !!

I sometimes use the quad on scrounges. I haul it on a 5x8 trailer to wherever I'm cutting and bring the wood out until the trailer's full. Go home, unload and repeat. I have to go back for the quad on the last trip unless my wife is helping me and I can drive the quad home. She can also quad the wood out and I can keep cutting and loading.

I do okay cutting in the slash. Around here I get alotta decent sized yellow birch and all the bent up limbs of hard maple, and the crotches the loggers dont wanna deal with.I can usually fill a s10 bed in an hour or so. I have been looking for a Quad trailer also, I strapped 5 beautiful 5" oak limbs, 4 ft long, on the rear of my sportsman and almost flipped her coming out.

Reactions: Realstone
I strapped 5 beautiful 5" oak limbs, 4 ft long, on the rear of my sportsman and almost flipped her coming out.
I'm pretty happy with the trailer in my sig...

Status
Not open for further replies.