So far, so good...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperdave

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2010
Michigan's U.P.
It seems that living in the U.P. you tend to view winter as a battle ground (with the exception of the enjoyment of winter sports). So when you get the start of a winter that is as unusual as this one is, you take note of it. I mean, here it is, 7 Dec and the yard is almost completly void of snow!! Sunday after Thanksgiving, there was almost two feet of snow on the ground! We've only had a couple nights of below zero temps and only a few days of poor driving conditions. BUT....we all know whats going to happen! Skiers and snowmobiliers are chomping at the bit.

It seems that living in the U.P. you tend to view winter as a battle ground (with the exception of the enjoyment of winter sports). So when you get the start of a winter that is as unusual as this one is, you take note of it. I mean, here it is, 7 Dec and the yard is almost completly void of snow!! Sunday after Thanksgiving, there was almost two feet of snow on the ground! We've only had a couple nights of below zero temps and only a few days of poor driving conditions. BUT....we all know whats going to happen! Skiers and snowmobiliers are chomping at the bit.
Us Trolls don't have that problem!:)

Gary

Yooper, I'm betting the skiing operators are really hurting. Perhaps they were opened at Thanksgiving time some but it has to be poor now for sure. I still miss the UP but it appears we will stay put right here now. If we hunger for more snow and colder, we'll come up.

U.P.........no steelhead fishing? That is what I would be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.