So How is Big Donnie Brasco doing???????????????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The big Question is ?
How is Big Donnie Brasco doing?
Big Donnie Brasco Have you broken your saw yet?
Have you sharpened any chains yet?
We haven't heard from you for a while!
Sean

Last seen Jul.16. I liked that guy. Hopefully it wasn't a felling accident. <>

Poor guy is probably hand splitting every night to try and catch up.....did you see all the scrounges he had acquired? Donnie seems like a great guy, hope he's doing alright.

Speaking of MIA's.....where is Gamma Ray, Quads, Stax, Brian K, and many others? Well, it IS summer, so I'm sure most of them are quite busy.....

Start a conversation with him. It automatically sends him an email.

Reactions: Thistle and ScotO
Poor guy is probably hand splitting every night to try and catch up.....did you see all the scrounges he had acquired? Donnie seems like a great guy, hope he's doing alright.

Speaking of MIA's.....where is Gamma Ray, Quads, Stax, Brian K, and many others? Well, it IS summer, so I'm sure most of them are quite busy.....

I reported about quads just a short time ago. He is alive and well. Said he may come back on soon.

Been in contact with Gamma. She is just busy having a summer.

Hey guys...I think I got a little choked up! :)

I didn't mean to drop off the face of the earth! .. you all taught me so well I just went out and started chopping and felling, and bucking and even SELLING wood!! I've split 12 cords so far, and have 8 of them split and stacked in my yard and sold the rest to buy a trailer.

I've made friends with a few tree services and I get a lot of great hardwood! I am down 30 pounds since I started and in better shape at 46 than I think I've ever been!!

I am also a fitness trainer and that keeps me busy as well as my 55 hr a week IT job, two kids and an old house to restore :) BUSY BUSY!

As for the BAD ASS saw.. I think it was my fault when it ran poorly... I was literally "blipping" the throttle ALL THE TIME while running it! I changed my technique to 100% ON the gas or 100% OFF the gas and that 036 is a SCREAMER!! My arborist friend was AMAZED how it bucked up a BIG locust tree like it was balsa (modest exaggeration, but FAST).

And yes i have sharpened all my own chains by hand and I think I do a pretty good job :)

I won't be such a stranger from now on!

Thanks for checkin up on me and once again, thank you all for setting me in the right direction!!!

BDB

If I spent five minutes each wondering what happened to people I miss on the forum it would lock me up for weeks.

Thanks for checking in BDB. And glad the members helped.

Reactions: Big Donnie Brasco
I was just wondering since you used to ask a question aweek!
Good to here it Donnie!

The annual 'where is (member XXX)' threads are starting.... Must mean heating season is close.... Must cut more... Must split more.....

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I am still here, read alot without logging on. no subjects that needed my expertise or that I would have a constructive answer for.

I am still here, read alot without logging on. no subjects that needed my expertise or that I would have a constructive answer for.

You are missing the sport of providing non-constructive, smart ass, know it all comments to subjects you know nothing about. I pride myself on that ;)

You are missing the sport of providing non-constructive, smart ass, know it all comments to subjects you know nothing about. I pride myself on that ;)

I was reprimanded, by a mod, late one evening for doing that.......................................

Ive been smacked by a mod right in a thread for it myself. Wonder if we get a merit badge?

The trick is, learn to sound very convincing while talking out of your ass.

<-- knows nothing, gives much advice, yet to be reprimanded for doing so

;lol;lol

apparently I type very sarcastically, ya right....................

thats what my dad would say as he undid his belt.........................but I am glad he did it, I am a better person for it.

Reactions: ScotO
I'M ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

LONG boring story but, I am alive and NO accidents! :)

Never did buy a stove BUT, I bought a new house that has a wood burning insert, AND a pellet stove! :) We move in on Wednesday!

I'M BACK!

Reactions: osagebow
Cool! Congrats. Welcome back!

I'M ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

LONG boring story but, I am alive and NO accidents! :)

Never did buy a stove BUT, I bought a new house that has a wood burning insert, AND a pellet stove! :) We move in on Wednesday!

I'M BACK!
What'd you do with all yer wood?

Status
Not open for further replies.