So I bought sawdust logs today...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I know, you're all hardcore purist, lumberjacks, and general bad asses and would never burn such a thing. Last winter I saw an ad for these things and had to try them. They burn so incredibly hot they are great for the not quite dry wood or for the really cold nights to mix in. The logs I got are different than what I see mainly advertised, they are hollow so when they burn they get more oxygen to more surface and more surface can burn. I am figuring 1 or 2 pieces a night to mix in.
anyone else using these?

I feel like I am loading my gun, sitting and waiting for winter to just try and get in my way.

I've tested a few of these products and posted results in the Wiki section. What is the brand name of the ones you are burning?

Looks like interesting stuff, same sort of idea as the ones you tested BG, but I don't think you've done this brand. The website looks like it's a VT only product at this point, at least all their listed vendors were in VT. However they did list us in their links section, so you might be able to hit them up for some test samples.

It would be interesting to see how they compared, as they look like a good design - I'd be interested to see how the center hole impacted the burn. They are flat sided so they won't roll, and they may be more "log shaped" than the bio-brick pellet style.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.