So i have this CL add out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mroverkill

Feeling the Heat
Aug 10, 2010
Northern nj
overkillauto.com
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/wan/2317895633.html

do you know i get at least one email everyday saying oh i have a bunch of oaks that are huge what would YOU pay me to take them down and take it away

i did score a nice find IF I COULD TAKE IT away almost 30 cordes of oak coming down for a house build.

i took what i could but i dont have a big truck to haul logs. i figure i got 4 cords its better then nothing

I would add pic's for sure people love that. I put in you must send pic's before I will come out and look. So there is no need to say you only do hardwoods. Now I would also take out the part you are willing to pay! No need there your opening your self up alot. I also list I do not remove brush!

Here is my add....
http://muncie.craigslist.org/zip/2264854924.html

Going to change it a little.....Now scheduling for fall only! The add has work very well.....

if they are willing to drop off a big load of wood to my house i have no problem paying them a small fee to cover there gas and stuff

i dont mean a pickup load either lol

Mroverkill said:
if they are willing to drop off a big load of wood to my house i have no problem paying them a small fee to cover there gas and stuff

i dont mean a pickup load either lol

I would list that a little different as well. Just put Tree Services I will let you dump for free. I have a crew that dumps at my house saves them money not paying all the fee's! No need to pay anything.

Jay that's a great ad.I'll bet your phone is ringing off the wall. :coolsmile:

Thistle said:

It does amazing most want answers without even a pic. lol I will NOT EVEN talk to them unless I get a PIC. We Are book until fall Now!

smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

It does amazing most want answer without a pic. lol I will NOT EVEN talk to them unless I get a PIC. We Are book until fall Now!

I dont blame you one bit. I wont even look at a CL scrounge 1 mile from my house without at least 2 clear pics either.If they say 'BRUSH/FIREWOOD' like that one clown last week,I dont waste my time.

Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

It does amazing most want answer without a pic. lol I will NOT EVEN talk to them unless I get a PIC. We Are book until fall Now!

I dont blame you one bit. I wont even look at a CL scrounge 1 mile from my house without at least 2 clear pics either.If they say 'BRUSH/FIREWOOD' like that one clown last week,I dont waste my time.

Some of them are very aggressive about getting you out there to do a blind job...Lots of crap stuff but the pics really dial you in. No sence of wasting gas to go look at a bad deal. I keep it close to the house and simple as possiable.

Status
Not open for further replies.