So I'm out giving tree removal estimates yesterday and......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on getting the jobs.

But if you got all four on the spot I'd say it's time to start raising your prices. Just imagine if you increased your bids by 25% - 30% but only got three of jobs you'd be making about the same money but only doing 75% of the work.

I've made myself start quoting jobs higher. Whenever I come up with the number in my head I make myself add 30-50%. End result I'm just as busy but making mo money. I'm going to keep raising my prices until people start to turn me down 1/3 of the time or so.
Thanks for the advice Mike. We make it very affordable for people. We make out on the jobs and the people get a good job out of us. All of these trees are different locations, and a couple of them are for people who are a little hard off right now. So some of what we do is "pay it forward" I don't advertise, its all by word of mouth, and you wouldn't believe the jobs we get from that.......

Got almost all of the wood I split on Saturday morning stacked this evening......still have tons to do yet but it felt good to get out there this evening and bust azz on that pile of wood!

Some pics of my cribbed ends...

2013-06-24_19-28-35_925.jpg 2013-06-24_19-28-55_241.jpg 2013-06-24_19-29-17_251.jpg

Over a full cord stacked in a couple hours.......

2013-06-25_06-37-12_379.jpg

Niiiiiiiiiiice!!!
Keep it going...

Status
Not open for further replies.