So Many Things To Learn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camdids

Been on the Forum for some time now. Have gained a lot of knowledge about my own stove. But Each day I see another question regarding a situation which might happen to me at some point. Whether it be about how much Ash should I have, or How Often to clean the Burn Pot. Cleaning the Pipe or The Chimney. It seems there is no definitive answer to all questions. No stove or circumstance is the same. The owners manuals are practically useless to most everyday situations. I myself go through the same things. Is the Ammount of Ash OK, Should It be Sitting At that side of the Burn Pot, How Often do I need To scrape it off The Burn Pot.Ect, Ect.
I guess Its all a learning Experience. Trying to Understand How the Stove works and what it should do. This First year with my own stove I'm finding out little things I can do and Cant do. Some things that are costing me a lot of money. Other things about the Type of Pellets and how to spread the heat is all a Trial and Error case.
The forum has a lot of imformation for lots of diffferent situations. Maybe not your one, but at some point most. I suppose we all wish there was an "Encyclopedia" of all the possible variations and problems we were likely to have with all the different stoves and installations there are that would satisfy us all.

Untill then keep posting and someone with an Answer will reply.

the variables are vast, i agree that an "encyclopedia" would be a geat thing , unfortunately , it would take a monumental effort. i personally have been in the industry for over 15 years and i admit that i do not know even a percentage of "it all" i learn in here every day i come in, and help a little when i can. many of my learned collegues here who are also long time industry members as well may agree with me in saying that for one person to know the majority of everything there is in the industry would be highly unlikely , so with each of us contributing our own percentage, the forum itself as a whole may very well be as close as possible to knowing the majority of whats out there. this forum may very well be the single most complete body of knowledge in the hearth field in existance. im happy to be a part of it.

Mike, as far as I'm concerned, having people like you, Eric at Kinsman Stoves, and Rod at Hearthtools (and I'm sure I'm missing some others...i apologize in advance), really helps all of us that don't have anywhere near your experience.

I was a complete Noob back in June-July when I first started making the decision to go to pellet stove heat from wood, and I have learned SOOOOOOO much from you guys. And I find that getting that last little bit of info or advice from one of you always makes me feel better about my decisions...thanks to you all!!!

macman said:
Mike, as far as I'm concerned, having people like you, Eric at Kinsman Stoves, and Rod at Hearthtools (and I'm sure I'm missing some others...i apologize in advance), really helps all of us that don't have anywhere near your experience.

I was a complete Noob back in June-July when I first started making the decision to go to pellet stove heat from wood, and I have learned SOOOOOOO much from you guys. And I find that getting that last little bit of info or advice from one of you always makes me feel better about my decisions...thanks to you all!!!

I agree completely. I've only had my stove installed for about a month and a
half, and I am always learning more from these guys. Even though I have a different
brand of stove than any of them deal with daily, the knowledge imparted here always
can be applied to my own situation. I am very happy to have found this site.

Mike, I love the stove, it works great, keeps the house
nice and toasty, easy to keep clean, and it hasn't had a problem
with any of the pellet btands that I have tried so far. It looks great
in our living room which was a major consideration for both me and
my wife. I have no reservations in recommending the Thelin to
anyone who is interested in it. If I had a family room where I could have put
the stove I would have appearance lower on my list of priorities, but it
had to look right in the living room and I grew up with an antique coal
burning pot belly stove in the living room(non working, just for decoration)

macman said it perfectly. I knew ZERO about pellet stoves, actually didn't know they even existed until I started doing some online research and found this website and haven't left. I must check in here at least 6-8 times per day and even though it's more interesting to hear about things about your own brand of stove, I still learn so much from all the different brands!

I love this place!

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.