So much for my day off.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskiatomic

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2008
Central CT
inlaws 001.jpginlaws 002.jpg My sisters FIL calls this morning, sez, they droped that tree yesterday, come get it. Sure, great plan last weekend @ Easter, some wine, some eats. Well now it's down, and giddy up time. I even got Poor Doug involved. OK, without breaking his balls too much, he's a great help, and on that one hand.

KC

Poor Doug

Attachments

• inlaws 003.jpg
    inlaws 003.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 132
  • inlaws 004.jpg
    inlaws 004.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 147
  • inlaws 005.jpg
    inlaws 005.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 144
  • inlaws 006.jpg
    inlaws 006.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 180
  • inlaws 007.jpg
    inlaws 007.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 134
View attachment 65381View attachment 65382 My sisters FIL calls this morning, sez, they droped that tree yesterday, come get it. Sure, great plan last weekend @ Easter, some wine, some eats. Well now it's down, and giddy up time. I even got Poor Doug involved. OK, without breaking his balls too much, he's a great help, and on that one hand.

KC

Poor Doug

Sorry folks, nothing but red, black oak. Talk to me in three years, when I burn it. Ummm I hope.

KC

Surely nothing to be sorry about there KC! Great stuff. If you run out of room, please deliver it to our place. I could spare about 20 acres to stack it on.

Nice score,
A fun day off, that will pay you back in a few years :)

Id rather spend two hours in the wood pile than having a great day at work. Nothing beats splitting and stacking, very relaxing to me. i guess because is the farthest thing from what I do all week long. I look forward to getting up early on sats and sunds to do wood work.

Nice score...the stuff I see there in the pics looks nice and straight so it should be real easy to split!

Lotta splits in those big rounds! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.