So much for my savings...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedogz

Minister of Fire
Oct 9, 2011
NE Maryland
So, after too many $2500 estimates to reline my chimney, I coughed up for the 6" 316Ti kit from Rockford Chimney.

Found a local day-jobber who will do the roof work to keep Mrs. Blue happy.

So, now I'm like 2 weeks from having proper heat again.

bluedogz said:
So, after too many $2500 estimates to reline my chimney, I coughed up for the 6" 316Ti kit from Rockford Chimney.

Found a local day-jobber who will do the roof work to keep Mrs. Blue happy.

So, now I'm like 2 weeks from having proper heat again.

I went through the same thing. Hunted and hunted for a great deal on a stove...got it...then spent over $4K on the stinkin' chimney!

Oh well, at $1200 a pop to refill the propane tank, it'll still pay for itself in no time.

At least you aren't doing this in the middle of February! :)

[quote author="jcims" date="1321888085At least you aren't doing this in the middle of February! :)[/quote]

Touche. In my very early career I spent a winter as a roofer. In Connecticut. That was part of the motivation to swallow the bitter pill now rather than wait till after Xmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.