So much free wood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pcampbell

Hearth Supporter
Jan 3, 2008
Vermont
Here in Northern NJ and I am sure elsewhere in the region we had some C R A Z Y wind last night. Downed trees everywhere. The utility crews were out all day sawing and leaving huge piles all over!!!!! Wish I had a pickem up truck today... Anyone cashing in?

YOU SHOULD HAVE STOLE ONE, THAT TOO GOOD TO PASS UP

U-hall rents pickemups. Lowes has liftgate staketrucks. You could "test drive" a used one!

i got a ton just in my backyard... gonna keep collecting all week. hopefully have saw by friday, i hope....bad storm though thought roof was gonna blow off.

Yeah it was a crazy crazy storm. So many people either with no power, pushing water out of their basement today or a tree practically landed on their house, car, or DID land there. We came off very lucky. Not sure what or if I could do to help any less fortunate out though.

Enterprise rents pickup trucks too.

I think if you try to rent a Lowe's or HD truck they'll require that you buy something big from them to justify the rental.

We had alot of wind here for like 36 hours straight...not a single downed tree that I've seen you, but you can bet I'm on the lookout...take a different route to and from work for the next day or so.

tried to get some from my town. there are 60 town trees down- mostly 80-100yr old oaks and ash. they said they are chipping all of them due to time constraints. going to call local tree services now, as there are many private trees down. we had a large norway spruce snap in half, landing on neighbor's detached garage and car. mangled my handrails on side porch, a little damage on the house, but it really fell in the best place. no one hurt, and minimal damage from what fell- it was 2 massive pieces.

Our power was knocked out for 36 hours, a huge limb from an oak in our yard came down and landed on the power lines. I think it snapped the neutral wire, so now we get to see what got fried in the house. :mad: Same thing happened to us last year and our furnace and microwave got toasted.

Glad to have the stove though! Kept it stoked last night and it hovered in the low 60's all night. Not too bad, although it was only down near freezing here last night, not like what some of you guys up in the great white north live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.