So Thankful for this forum! Afton Bay startup issues!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cristiansmom

Jul 17, 2008
Rhode Island
Last night my stove (afton bay) was fine but when I went to turn it on this morning It would turn on for 30seconds and shut right off with #2 flashing light. I IMMEDIATELY got on this forum and started searching. I cleaned EVERYTHING I COULD and found some places I didn't know about.. lol.. I found the vacuum hose and blew that out (hose was in good condition:) and still wouldn't start.. I then found about the combustion fan and it wasn't spinning. I didn't think I could take the whole thing apart (don't think I have the right tools here at home and not very handy) buttttt, I read about moving the fan blades with a screwdriver and sometimes that will get it moving. So I did that (seemed a little hard at first but spun a few times and they moved along) and tried it again!! Voila!!! it is now working. Now, I know this isn't a permanant fix but for this stormy day, it's working!! yeah!! I will look in more detail to see if I can get the fan out and clean the blades and oil it..:)

Thanks so much Hearth.com forum members!!!

Debi in RI

Reactions: Xena
Welcome! Excellent job on finding the forum and the info you needed to get running!

Status
Not open for further replies.