So the other day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbmaine

Apr 4, 2009
USA
my wife and I were down in the basement, standing around the pellet stove, talking about what a great investment this has been for us, when I realized I kept hearing a noise. At first I didn't pay much attention to it, but soon it occurred to me it was the sound of the basement door opening and shutting. Thinking I'd left the door open I walked around the corner just in time to catch a glimpse of someone walking away with a bag of pellets under his arm. He must have been at it for a while because my stack of pellet bags was almost gone! I ran out and caught up with him just as he was tossing them on to the back of a truck with the word WOOD PELLETS on the side ." WHAT THE @#$% DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING," I said. He replies," hello sir, I'm just here to pick up your pellets"." What do you mean pick up my pellets," says I. "O yes sir, I have a pickup order right here" says he, showing me a printed order form. I looked at it and said to him" in the first place I've never heard of anyone picking up pellets, and in the second place you've got the wrong address!". "O gosh sir" he said" your right, but we do pickups as well as deliveries, I should just be doing this down the street". I told him he better get those pellets back in the basement before I called the cops. Apologizing again, he lugged them back in the basement while I stood by the truck making sure he unloaded every bag. When he was done and driving off I walked back to the basement thinking what a crazy day I was having, when I saw what he had done. Instead of re stacking the bags, he set each one on the floor, upright, one after the other, like a long row of domino's. I was standing there, not quite believing what I was seeing, mumbling what I'd do to him if I ever saw him again, when I started to shake. A little at first, then more and more violently. The next thing I remember is my wife saying " wake up honey, you're having a bad dream.
If anyone had told me a year ago, I would have dreams about pellets, I would have told them they were crazy. I guess what ever this obsession, compulsion thing is that people have with pellets and pellet stoves, I have it bad.
P.S.
Would you think me too paranoid if I said my pellets are now stored in a undisclosed, secure location

LOL

JB

Seek help....Fast!!!

jbmaine said:
...Would you think me too paranoid if I said my pellets are now stored in a undisclosed, secure location....

Ft Knox?

Total pellet fobia. It comes and goes.

I had to sleep on the pellet stack for a week before it went away. You will be fine. Beer also helps a little, But wears off to quick. All I can say is sleeping on the pellet stack fixed my back as well. I do it once a week now. No more back aches for me.

Now go buy 6 bags of those real expensive pellets and have the wife drive the vehicle home. So you can hugh the bags while she drives. If she look at you funny, Tell her its part of the cure!

(He's not the only nut here!) :lol:
jay

I recommend adding some guard roosters to your supply area.

Once flogged good by a roo they won't be back and they would not have gotten any.

If the lady of the house objects, give her a sleeping bag, a baseball bat and put her in the supply area ;-).

Seriously it is common to have a reaction such as shaking if your house is broken into, and it was.

macman said:
jbmaine said:
...Would you think me too paranoid if I said my pellets are now stored in a undisclosed, secure location....

Ft Knox?

My wife's viscious, I'll make some space in the cellar and you can store 'em over here. She's home all day to guard 'em for ya, and works cheap.

It is only the 8th of January and CABIN FEVER is already setting in........................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you had just locked the basement door in your dream, you would've been just fine! :lol:

too funny! Now the next time you really do see a truck with WOOD PELLETS on the
side you will probably have a panic attack... :lol:

Now you have me all nervous. My pellet stash is in an unsecured garage next to the house.

Doocrew said:
Now you have me all nervous. My pellet stash is in an unsecured garage next to the house.
Me too!!
I'll be sleeping in the basement tonight next to my "Pellet Stash"
What makes a better pillow Hardwood or Softwood????

lessoil said:
Doocrew said:
Me too!!
I'll be sleeping in the basement tonight next to my "Pellet Stash"
What makes a better pillow Hardwood or Softwood????

I prefer the "SOFT"wood. Nice and fluffy! :)

DAKSY said:
I can see the commercials now...

This is your brain...
This is your brain on pellets...
Any Questions?

Now THATS funny!!

Hey Hoss, let me guess....you'll store his pellets in the hopper to your Revolution, right? :)

Thanks everyone. Glad to know I'm not the only one with "pellet disorders"
JB

jbmaine said:
JB

JB, I think you're in trouble and the only way out (before you end up on an episode of Dr. Phil ) is to pack all of your pellets up and ship them to any of the Authorized Pellet Pig Club Members above. Especially MACMAN and JTAKEMAN as they would be the Most Qualified to help eliminate the pellet stresses that you are suffering from. I'm sure that they will keep your pellets safe and " Warm" for you at the Pellet Pig Head Quarters. When you do recover, they can ship your pellets back to you in the New Improved Form of ash and clinkers that are much easier to store than those heavy pellet bags... ( chortle) Lorne.

lorne41 said:
jbmaine said:
JB

JB, I think you're in trouble and the only way out (before you end up on an episode of Dr. Phil ) is to pack all of your pellets up and ship them to any of the Authorized Pellet Pig Club Members above. Especially MACMAN and JTAKEMAN as they would be the Most Qualified to help eliminate the pellet stresses that you are suffering from. I sure that they will keep your pellets safe and " Warm" for you at the Pellet Pig Head Quarters. When you do recover, they can ship your pellets back to you in the New Improved Form of ash and clinkers that are much easier to store than those heavy pellet bags... ( chortle) Lorne.

All In Favor??

I have a very hyper Shetland Sheep Dog you can borrow. He is medium sized but has a big dog bark. Eats pellet escapees every now and again, but you can recover them later.....if you know what I mean. Please call........1-800-PEL-SAFE. Leave me your name, address and your basement door unlocked. Only $5 per day for use of Sheltie, you feed. Please call. Hope this doesn't give you nightmares. LOL

Eats pellet escapees every now and again

Must be a dog thing.... my two huskies circle around me when I'm filling the stove... as if they are dog treats. I try to keep them away but ifI drop any their on it immediately!

mainegeek said:
Eats pellet escapees every now and again

Must be a dog thing.... my two huskies circle around me when I'm filling the stove... as if they are dog treats. I try to keep them away but ifI drop any their on it immediately!

I think it sounds like dry dog food in a bowl to them. One drops on the floor and their all over it. Hope their not eating something hazardous. My dog also eats dirt (holes in lawn) and I imagine that has all kids of junk in it. Oh well.

Mainegeek - your husky (in your avatar) is beautiful! I want one so bad.

nectardan said:
Mainegeek - your husky (in your avatar) is beautiful! I want one so bad.

What about my hyper Sheltie? And works for food. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.