So the shopping begins...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, prices vary by location but we paid about $4K for the Republic installed (we built the hearth pad, but the stove dealer delivered and installed the stove). The only options are the legs instead of the pedestal and the blower, which we got free. We get 10 hour burns from it now. We've left at a bit before 7am and come home at about 6pm to a warm cottage and coals enough to restart with no matches/lighter, with temps in the higher 20's. We heated in the shoulder season with it also-but didn't run Eco Bricks then, only lower BTU woods like willow. Once we learned the stove, we didn't heat ourselves out. We are heating a former summer cottage with drafty windows and poor insulation, at a bit below 700 sq ft and a chopped up floor plan (basically, picture an H where the two | are open, one end kitchen/dining the other the living room, and off the - ,which is a hallway, is the bedroom on one side and the bathroom on the other). It has a nice look, IMO, and is an easy keeper-easy to start, run and only had to clean the glass at the beginning when we were learning the stove. We burn 24/7 (although the weather hasn't been too cold, so there are days-like today-that we don't reload in the AM) and have only cleaned the ashes out about 4-5 times since October (we have a nice packed ash bed). With the possible exceptions of the Thelin (and this is purely on looks I never reseached it for functionality) and Lopi Endeavor, I don't think I've come across another stove I would want as the "centerpiece" to my living room AND currently, the ONLY source of heat for us. The stove is one of the first things you see when you walk in the door and is right in the center of the back wall so while I needed utility, and quality, I needed looks too. I also needed a local dealer to install because we didn't want to do that part ourselves. And a front loader. I just prefer them, although many people prefer side or top loaders. I'm pretty darn happy with my choice.

Hogwildz said:
As neither a tube"r", nor a cat"er", Having a S.S. baffle box, which is non cat secondary, in a "larger" stove, the Summit, I have no problems running the Summit in the shoulder seasons, without overheating the house.
Granted the long burn times of the cats or BK's re impressive. But the insinuating that a secondary burn stove cannot heat without overheating in the shoulder season, or get decent burn times, Is complete BS.
I can let the firebox alone for 12-14 hrs in the shoulder seasons, and still have coals to relight a new load. I can also load partial loads and get the same effect, but with more frequent loading. Yes, I cannot get 24 hours out of a load, and that is impressive. But when the temps hit the teens and single digits, I still think the difference of the cat vs non cat plays less and less as the temps drop.
I personally would love to have a BKK just to see for myself how much is real world, and how much is BS. But I ain't spending $4K+ for the chance to check it out.
No rush Blue, research and make an informed decision. Whichever you decide, I'll help if needed.
My opinion.....you cannot beat the cost, support, and performance with the Englander. Hands down, the most stove for the money spent.
Not to mention, you get to see a fire, and not just a glowing cat though black soot covered glass....LMAO, just had to say it, sorry.

Hogz, you've actually seen the house layout, so maybe the question is clearer to you... I agree on the BK thing, in that I'm not in the market for a $4k experiment BUT if I trip over one on Craigslist that's another story.

Bottom line- would the Englander heat the house?

All I can tell ya is that mine has been heating a 2500 sq. ft. center hall colonial here in Northern Virginia since 2006. I have no idea where all of this overheat the joint stuff comes from. 48 last night, stove burning, 74 downstairs and 72 up. In the three foot snow storm 74 downstairs, 72 up. Three cord of hardwood a year.

The only cat was the one laying by my chair.

Lotta stoves out there that will do you a good job. With all sorts of burn technologies in them. Member Todd says cat stoves are great. He has owned several types of stoves so I believe cat stoves must be great.

Hogwildz said:
As neither a tube"r", nor a cat"er", Having a S.S. baffle box, which is non cat secondary, in a "larger" stove, the Summit, I have no problems running the Summit in the shoulder seasons, without overheating the house.
Granted the long burn times of the cats or BK's re impressive. But the insinuating that a secondary burn stove cannot heat without overheating in the shoulder season, or get decent burn times, Is complete BS.
I can let the firebox alone for 12-14 hrs in the shoulder seasons, and still have coals to relight a new load. I can also load partial loads and get the same effect, but with more frequent loading. Yes, I cannot get 24 hours out of a load, and that is impressive. But when the temps hit the teens and single digits, I still think the difference of the cat vs non cat plays less and less as the temps drop.
I personally would love to have a BKK just to see for myself how much is real world, and how much is BS. But I ain't spending $4K+ for the chance to check it out.
No rush Blue, research and make an informed decision. Whichever you decide, I'll help if needed.
My opinion.....you cannot beat the cost, support, and performance with the Englander. Hands down, the most stove for the money spent.
Not to mention, you get to see a fire, and not just a glowing cat though black soot covered glass....LMAO, just had to say it, sorry.
Could you elaborate on the bs remark?
I'm just curious has to where you think I might have exaggerated or whatever.
Thanks,
Dave.

bluedogz said:
Hogwildz said:

Hogz, you've actually seen the house layout, so maybe the question is clearer to you... I agree on the BK thing, in that I'm not in the market for a $4k experiment BUT if I trip over one on Craigslist that's another story.

Bottom line- would the Englander heat the house?

Lets look at it this way. IF you could find a BK or Soapstone used in good condition for a great price, then that seems like a no brainer.
I am kinda a "want it to be new from the start" kinda guy. But If I saw a King or Soap in real good condition for really good price, I wouldn't balk at it.
Back to task though..... If your getting heat to do the job from the old smoke dragon, then a 30 should do at the very least as well with longer burn times, probably better.
I saw Englander's here at HD for $899.00. When they go on sale, I picked mine up for $476.00. Now that was just a damn steal, and should be criminal, but I ain't complaining either.
So my opinion is yes, I think the Englander can at least do as well and even better than the old gal. More efficient, less wood used, longer burn times, N-S loading. And THE MOST stove for your money hands down!
Worst case scenario, you spend the minimal on the Englander, and if need be, you get another stove later on or even an insert for the fireplace. The only inhibitor I see in your place, is it is not real wide open. So I can see in the coldest parts of winter, you may not feel the heat all over as you will in the stove end of the house. That is where maybe another one the opposite side of the house for those really harsh days/nights. Who knows, maybe it will do the job and no other stove needed. I would rather get that much stove for the most minimal cost, see how it works out, and then go from there. Might be fine as it is. If not, then you can contemplate second one or whatever. Point being, you pay the most economical cost for a new stove, and not shell out a few grand and have the same results.
If you need fancier, you can always sell that later on and put towards a fancier stove.
I'd use the less expensive one to see how it will heat the house, then either like it and leave it alone, or upgrade later on.
I have a brand new one here, still needing to install. And I know it will run split for split with my Summit.

BrotherBart said:
All I can tell ya is that mine has been heating a 2500 sq. ft. center hall colonial here in Northern Virginia since 2006. I have no idea where all of this overheat the joint stuff comes from. 48 last night, stove burning, 74 downstairs and 72 up. In the three foot snow storm 74 downstairs, 72 up. Three cord of hardwood a year.

Lotta stoves out there that will do you a good job. With all sorts of burn technologies in them. Member Todd says cat stoves are great. He has owned several types of stoves so I believe cat stoves must be great.

I'm mostly referring to the shoulder season or just living in a warmer climate.
I could point you to post on this very site where peole talk about opening windows or just letting their tube stoves go out.
I have a two story colonial also..center hall..stove on a the end wing.
And even with a cat stove on low burn it can get warm in here with the temps in the shoulder..no doubt.
That said not as warm as a tube doing secondary's...oh wait..maybe you have the stove chocked down enough so that secondary's are not happening.
I guess that would stop the overheating..but clean burn..not so much.
To each is own and good luck to the OP...cheers.

HotCoals said:
BrotherBart said:

I'm mostly referring to the shoulder season or just living in a warmer climate.
I could point you to post on this very site where peole talk about opening windows or just letting their tube stoves go out.
I have a two story colonial also..center hall..stove on a the end wing.
And even with a cat stove on low burn it can get warm in here with the temps in the shoulder..no doubt.
That said not as warm as a tube doing secondary's...oh wait..maybe you have the stove chocked down enough so that secondary's are not happening.
I guess that would stop the overheating..but clean burn..not so much.
To each is own and good luck to the OP...cheers.

Guess it's official BrotherBart needs to learn how to run that 30 before he creoscotes up that chimney......LOL :lol: ;-P

Attachments

• trainwreck2.jpg
    trainwreck2.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 369
To the OP I apologize that this thread is headed down the crapper.
There are good benefits to each type of stove whether it is a cat stove or secondary combustion. I personally love my T6 secondary combustion stove and get every bit as long of a burn out of it as I used to get out of my Dutchwest cat stove (I know that may not be the norm when comparing it to a BK or Woodstock). I find my stove a breeze to operate and my wife loves the looks. As to overheating the house my house is 2400 sq ft and even in the shoulder season I have never had the living room over 76° although I probably do have a little bit more of a temperature swing (76-68°) than someone with a BK. I would encourage you take a long hard look at the Woodstock progress and possibly the VC 2in1 as both of those stove have secondary combustion and a cat. One of the problems I have with the Progress is the fact the stove does not have a convection blower on it. The convection blower makes all the difference in the world to me and really helps regulate the heat output especially when it's cold and I am pushing my stove hard.

I do have a serious question though.
When looking at specs I notice they say "Steady State Efficiency"
Am I right to assume this means when the secondary's on a tube stove are burning the ratings for emissions are figured out then?
How long are secondary's good for on a load?
I know there are huge variables.. just give me worse best case would be good...thanks.

certified106 said:
To the OP I apologize that this thread is headed down the crapper.
There are good benefits to each type of stove whether it is a cat stove or secondary combustion. I personally love my T6 secondary combustion stove and get every bit as long of a burn out of it as I used to get out of my Dutchwest cat stove (I know that may not be the norm when comparing it to a BK or Woodstock). I find my stove a breeze to operate and my wife loves the looks. As to overheating the house my house is 2400 sq ft and even in the shoulder season I have never had the living room over 76° although I probably do have a little bit more of a temperature swing (76-68°) than someone with a BK. I would encourage you take a long hard look at the Woodstock progress and possibly the VC 2in1 as both of those stove have secondary combustion and a cat. One of the problems I have with the Progress is the fact the stove does not have a convection blower on it. The convection blower makes all the difference in the world to me and really helps regulate the heat output especially when it's cold and I am pushing my stove hard.
What makes you say that?
I see it has a great discussion.
Anybody can talk up their stove or what they believe to be a good stove.
I truly believe there are places for both types.
Really my only point was that I believe he might like the idea of less loading and less chance of heating the stove room up to much.
I believe Lopi when they say 10 hour burn time for the 1750..I also believe BK when they say the princess is good for 20.
Yet they both hold about the same amount of wood(heat)..but yet the Lopi gives it up in half the time...must get warmer in the stove room with the Lopi all other things being the same.

HotCoals said:
Hogwildz said:
Could you elaborate on the bs remark?
I'm just curious has to where you think I might have exaggerated or whatever.
Thanks,
Dave.

Dave,
My comment was not pointed at you. My comment was geared more towards the BS that not only BK, but EVERY other manufacturer, including PE the manufacturer of my stove, advertises to make sales of their own stoves.
Things like: "limited lifetime warranty", Advertised square footage a stove will heat, length of burn times, etc. etc. etc. They ALL do it. This is why many folks end up getting a stove that does great in the shoulder seasons, but does not have the capacity to heat the space intended in the harshest days and nights. All are "space heaters" yet how many rooms are 1,500, 2,000, 3,000 SF? They double talk. Call them space heaters with a unrealistic BTU heat output and capacity advertisement, kind of leading many to think they can heat their entire home since its 1,700, 2,000sf etc. IMO, if you can heat your entire home off a stove, you have a great layout, a great stove, and much of it is luck in how the heat circulates and how any convection loop may flow.
The 40 hours is great, but at spec'd 8,750 btu per hr at the low burn to achieve this, that is not going to heat this place. Maybe one room, but that is it. I can still have coals in my Summit 24 hrs later. Is it putting out any real heat? No. Not picking on specifically BK here. ALL Manufacturers do it. Each has" the best stove" on the market. Of course if that was the case, there would not be so many other manufacturers selling stoves. Most are good, many great, and some pure Junk......Volz word comes to mind.

We are all just trying to cut our heating costs down, some like myself actually enjoy the labor involved. I like the feel of wood heat and the flames and ambiance also. Of course 1/2 way through the winter, I am about done feeling this, and ready for spring!
What you use to achieve this, is up to each person. Seen all the "my stove does this", "and my stove does that", "and burns for this long", and etc. etc. etc. Fact of the matter is, I have what I have, it works for me, and does well, and I am happy and lucky or frugal enough to use wood as my sole source of heat. I was all on the PE Summit wagon a few years back. Now its not so important. Its a stove, that puts out heat. I drive a Ford Ranger. I see a Chevy Volt that gets mega mileage to the gallon and uses less gas. Am I going to go run out and buy it.....nope. I have what I have.
Would I like to pick up a cheap BK and see for myself what the rave reviews are about, sure but I ain't running out to spend 4k+ to see what it is about. I am happy with what I have. And can only wish each and everyone else feels satisfied with what they have or get.

Hogwildz,

Ok..fair enough.
I was just trying to answer the first post the op made..cat or non cat.
I been burning for over 30 years.
From a Franklin to my BKK and a few in between.
A bkk non cat non epa for a long time.
I been in a few friends with tube burners..nice stoves no doubt.
I just prefer the cat because it is effective through most of the burning stage as compared to the first few hours of secondary tube burn.
I really like the long slow burn and how much more even my house is compared to my old smoke dragon BKK.
But you're right whatever works I guess.

bluedogz said:
The money part is SORT OF secondary, in that I see a stove as an investment, but also cannot swear I'll keep this house for the useful life of a $3k stove. So, there's a little bit of, 'Will I own a Progress or whatever long enough to make it worthwhile?'

I may be optimistic, but I am taking care of my stove with the hope that it will outlive me. Woodstock based some of their stove designs on 100 year old, still-functioning woodstoves, if I have that story right. So, the useful life of the stove is not so much something I looked at as payback--at what point have I saved sufficient fuel oil to have paid for the stove, hearth, installation, chimney, saw, wood, etc.

Everyone's circumstances are a little different, but I think I'm just about at break-even and I've only used the stove for a season and a half. I feel very comfortable with the idea that after this year, it doesn't owe me a thing. I also see it as an asset that improves the value of the house, but not everyone would agree with me on that. However, the kind of person that would not see that as useful is the same person who would probably not be interested in living in my house.

To repeat: the single best piece of advice I have is to take your time and gather as much information about stoves and your house as possible. That way, if you have to make a very quick decision (i.e., a CL post that you have to hop on), you will probably instinctively go with the right choice for you.

One of the things that I perseverated on and asked a lot of people about was how much fuel oil their homes required annually prior to the stove being installed. That became kind of a useful point of comparison for me, helping even out the differences in house size, climate, length of heating season, and so on, when I selected a stove. One person lived within 50 miles or so from me, same size house, built in the style after superinsulation became popular, but before superventilation was figured out. You'd think we'd need the same stove, but not the case. He was in a cold valley, I was in the hills and typically ran about 20-40 degrees warmer than he did, and he needed a BKK. How did I know I could get away with less? He used twice as much fuel oil as I did annually.

As I quote in my sig line, be prepared to bore the living crap out of your friends regarding this; here, not so much.

I can say without a doubt the BK stove burns way better than my Lopi Endeavor non cat.(a bunch of other members can echo this same thing) The Endeavor did a fine job but instead of loading two or three small fires a day during the shoulder season I load one and it goes all day. Only reason I bought the BK was for the shoulder season, the Endeavor did a fine job of heating. Non cat you control the output by limiting the amount of wood, the BK stove you load it up, turn it low and let it go. I don't think you'll ever read a thread about a BK stove getting away from someone who didn't forget about the stove. My Endeavor I would watch it like a hawk, think it was settled in and it would take off for the moon, I've read these same things with the non cats many times. Pull the coals to the front, load it e/w, turn it down sooner, put a pipe damper in, plug the secondary air holes, open the door to calm it down, don't load until it's below 300*. Blah blah blah :) Turn a BK stove down and it goes down every time.(so far) :lol:

Hogwildz said:
Would I like to pick up a cheap BK and see for myself what the rave reviews are about, sure but I ain't running out to spend 4k+ to see what it is about. I am happy with what I have

Couldn't agree more, this is the only reason I have a BK right now. I was searching craigslist for kicks and found mine posted by a dealer for a super cheap price, it was a floor model that was never burned. They claimed they were remodeling the floor and needed to sell it, not sure if their story was legit but figured I'd buy just to see what all the fuss was about. I had very little out of pocket cost after selling my Endeavor on craigslist. I was still planning on a BK in the future but it wouldn't have been anytime soon since the Endeavor was only a couple seasons old.

rdust said:
Hogwildz said:
Would I like to pick up a cheap BK and see for myself what the rave reviews are about, sure but I ain't running out to spend 4k+ to see what it is about. I am happy with what I have

Couldn't agree more, this is the only reason I have a BK right now. I was searching craigslist for kicks and found mine posted by a dealer for a super cheap price, it was a floor model that was never burned. They claimed they were remodeling the floor and needed to sell it, not sure if their story was legit but figured I'd buy just to see what all the fuss was about. I had very little out of pocket cost after selling my Endeavor on craigslist. I was still planning on a BK in the future but it wouldn't have been anytime soon since the Endeavor was only a couple seasons old.
I only have mine because of the 30% gov kickback.
I think it was the first I ever took advantage of a program.
I missed the cash for clunkers!
But still driving my 95 Explorer!

As far as Cat Stoves, I like the Dutchwest's looks. We didn't consider that one because of clearances...but I just looked it up and it looks like the burn times are about even with a non-cat so I guess we didn't miss much there. Just throwing that one out there because of the "pretty" requirement. Of course, most Vermont Castings would probably qualify as "pretty" too...Actually the pic here: http://www.monessenhearth.com/family/Stoves/Catalytic/DutchWest/ is what gave me the idea for our hearth pad...

MAN - all this tap dancing is gonna give me a headache.

Dogz - is a NC30 gonna heat your home? Yes, it will beat the pants off of your old stove in every way. As BroB pointed out, the overheat stuff can be managed. I have run a 3.0 cuft heat monster for years without any big issue with house temps during shoulder season. So YES, this bargain stove with tube design WILL do what you are asking.

That said - is there better options on the market? My opinion is YES, in your environment and with my rough estimation of what you are trying to accomplish, there are stoves that may make your burning experience easier and a bit more enjoyable. One being the new Progress and this is because of the new tech behind it (I ain't gonna bore you with info you have heard already). The reason I believe the new tech will be an advantage for YOUR situation is because of its ability to provide a wide range of temps while still burning clean and holding a heck of alot of fuel. There are a couple of other stoves that will also fit this bill - the BK stuff comes to mind.

Its up to you on the direction you want to take, but you are in a win-win situation. You can win with the Englander or you can win with another stove. My suggestion is to look at the functionality of each stove for a complete burn cycle and understand the differences.

I hope this helps.

I guess the only thing I would add aside from all the details that I've read cat vs noncat is what is wood burning to you. Heat or Heat/Fire. I personally like seeing the fire like a traditional fireplace. The secondary burn is mesmerizing to just sit on the couch and enjoy. I love the thought of a no hassle load and forget cat stove, but it would really just be a house heater if I wasn't seeing the flames, which makes it as exciting as the kitchen stove- another appliance for me. I wanted a more efficient fireplace than the open chimney, but I still wanted to see the fire blazing in the living room and thats what I got. If I were doing it again right now, I would have already ordered the Progress, best of both worlds, on sale, and beautiful imo.

I think the harder part than stove decisions from having just gotten into the epa burning is finding a steady stream of quality firewood if you don't have a truck, land to cut on, etc. And then getting into a system of having it seasoned properly so the whole burning process is easy/enjoyable no matter what stove.

Osburning said:
I guess the only thing I would add aside from all the details that I've read cat vs noncat is what is wood burning to you. Heat or Heat/Fire. I personally like seeing the fire like a traditional fireplace. The secondary burn is mesmerizing to just sit on the couch and enjoy. I love the thought of a no hassle load and forget cat stove, but it would really just be a house heater if I wasn't seeing the flames, which makes it as exciting as the kitchen stove- another appliance for me. I wanted a more efficient fireplace than the open chimney, but I still wanted to see the fire blazing in the living room and thats what I got. If I were doing it again right now, I would have already ordered the Progress, best of both worlds, on sale, and beautiful imo.

I think the harder part than stove decisions from having just gotten into the epa burning is finding a steady stream of quality firewood if you don't have a truck, land to cut on, etc. And then getting into a system of having it seasoned properly so the whole burning process is easy/enjoyable no matter what stove.

Osburning, that is a very good question. Myself, I can sit there and stare at the flame all night, at least until the Mrs. asks, "What the &%$ is wrong with you?" OTOH, the Mrs. prefers the thermostat.

For me, this heat/fire, but I need to assue my choice meets the "heat-without-PITA" qualifications of the SO.

I have a comfortable wood supply, which is why I'm considering a new stove at all.

So what does you wife like? Put the cat/non cat debate to rest and get the stove you both like the looks of best.

With regards to teaching the wife to run the stove, it is really a non issue in our house. She picked up the basics pretty easily. Pull the coals to the front and open up the controls and let it burn down some. Throw in the wood and when the cat probe gets to 400, engage it and shut the controls to about 1/2. 5 min later shut it down.

She really doesn't have to mess with it much however because I'm getting 10-12 hour burns pretty regularly and haven't even gotten into my oak yet. Even when I work a full shift I try to time it so I'm loading before I leave and then she doesn't have to do a thing except be warm. Keep in mind that I have a 4.+ cu ft firebox though. A legitimate 'monster'

I'm still learning to time it with different size loads and I have to say however that we haven't had any real winter weather here yet. I think 27* is the lowest it has been so far this year.

I love my cat......

Osburning said:
I guess the only thing I would add aside from all the details that I've read cat vs noncat is what is wood burning to you. Heat or Heat/Fire. I personally like seeing the fire like a traditional fireplace. The secondary burn is mesmerizing to just sit on the couch and enjoy.

Well if this is the case a cat stove would be more appropriate. A cat stove has all the flames you want until you decide to turn it down for a low burn, on a medium burn it will have some very nice natural looking flames with some light off around the cat happening. I was under the impression I would lose a view of the fire by switching to a cat stove but that's not the case. The tube stove I burned didn't resemble a fireplace fire in any way, it looked like a gas grill burning. :) I really thought I would miss the fire from a tube stove, I haven't missed it in the least, I usually load the stove burn it hot for 10-15 minutes and then turn it down to the point where the flames get lazy and let it burn until I decide to turn it down for the night.

I do think both stoves have their place though, I was totally against a cat stove until I decide I wanted to heat my house with the least amount of hassle.(and received some education on the benefits of a cat stove) If I had natural gas I would still be burning a tube stove and supplementing with the furnace where needed. I also think a non cat is best in a place that has a high heat demand since a cat stove really shines when it's turned down on a low burn.

In the end get the one the wife wants and you won't go wrong. :)

WoodpileOCD said:
Keep in mind that I have a 4.+ cu ft firebox though. A legitimate 'monster'

Jeez- that's gotta been like tossing splits into the back of a burning van.

I'm not really looking to go quite that large... besides, the Mrs. would consider engaging the cat and adjusting the air "messing with the stove."

rdust said:
Osburning said:
I guess the only thing I would add aside from all the details that I've read cat vs noncat is what is wood burning to you. Heat or Heat/Fire. I personally like seeing the fire like a traditional fireplace. The secondary burn is mesmerizing to just sit on the couch and enjoy.

Well if this is the case a cat stove would be more appropriate. A cat stove has all the flames you want until you decide to turn it down for a low burn, on a medium burn it will have some very nice natural looking flames with some light off around the cat happening. I was under the impression I would lose a view of the fire by switching to a cat stove but that's not the case. The tube stove I burned didn't resemble a fireplace fire in any way, it looked like a gas grill burning. :) I really thought I would miss the fire from a tube stove, I haven't missed it in the least, I usually load the stove burn it hot for 10-15 minutes and then turn it down to the point where the flames get lazy and let it burn until I decide to turn it down for the night.

I do think both stoves have their place though, I was totally against a cat stove until I decide I wanted to heat my house with the least amount of hassle.(and received some education on the benefits of a cat stove) If I had natural gas I would still be burning a tube stove and supplementing with the furnace where needed. I also think a non cat is best in a place that has a high heat demand since a cat stove really shines when it's turned down on a low burn.

In the end get the one the wife wants and you won't go wrong. :)
I could not agree with this post more..you said it better then I could.
As if we could not watch a fire. ppffftt!
The gas grill statement had me laughing!

Status
Not open for further replies.