So what's to expect new this fall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

"I’m not at liberty at this time to discuss the new insert line or the fact the smallest stove in the line up may be equipped with a super cat combustor. When they are ready to leak the info They will tell me."

I do know I will be one of 5 people on the testers list, So The Hearth ,could be the first place word gets outt

PS in keeping my word with Web, I promiised not to name a certaint manufacturer

Sounds interesting. I've been considering an intrepid II. I won't be switching to wood this year but hopefully by next year I'll be able to afford the chimney. I got wind the other day that one of my old competitors is paying upwards of 15.00 per hour to install. That's 2.50 more per hour than I was making ot run an entire operation. I wonder what kind of employee discount there is.

Now thats cheap labor. High schoolers get 10-12 bucks an hour here on the east coast.

Shane if If you were out here decent help gets $20 to bang nails more after your skill level determined

That's good wage. I guess I never really looked around for another job. I was one track mind and going to own my own hearth store. But now like you say you can get paid 20 for framing. You can get 29 starting out in worms corner. (though you get fired for calling a worm a worm now)
At any rate that's off topic of this post.

I'm excited to see if the new super cat makes it into the intrepid. I'll only get the intrepid if I go the two stove route. Otherwise I'm going for the Encore. Personally I was starting to like the EBTesque stove I was burning last year and might consider the EBT Encore for the simple fact I can put a fan on it. The Pacific Energy is tempting but I honestly hate the way they look even in whorehouse red. Just too "chunky".
This new VC insert intrigues me. I can't wait to see it.

elkimmeg said:
"I’m not at liberty at this time to discuss the new insert line or the fact the Intrepid II may be equipped with a super cat combustor. When they are ready to leak the info They will tell me."

I do know I will be one of 5 people on the testers list, So The Hearth ,could be the first place word gets outt

PS in keeping my word with Web, I promiised not to name a certaint manufacturer

Elk, your such a tease! I thought those super cats were too expensive for production?

If they were to make there way into production It makes sense to appear in the smallest footprint

What if They became available for replacements?

England's Stove Works and Jotul have authorized me to continue testing the stoves they sold me.

BrotherBart said:
England's Stove Works and Jotul have authorized me to continue testing the stoves they sold me.

And ford authorized me to continue driving my 1964.5 Mustang to keep testing it It would have been the 55 t-bird but I had to sell it

Status
Not open for further replies.