So when have you last seen your oil man?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil delivery yesterday. 95 gallons since October. NOt as great as some other posts but I'm very satisfied with 170 gallons used in 13 month cycle. I ran out of wood in march of 2006. This will not happen again. I believe I can reduce 2007-08 oil use by another 20%. Oh yes, about 3 cords burnd so far this season.

Threads like this make me feel bad. This has been a bad season for me. The warm start to winter actually hurt me, and having a new baby has made the need for even heat more important. I've used about 300 gallons of oil since fall. Which is terrible. Oh well, there is always next year. Good job to everyone.

Propane guy last visited on Dec. 12 and gave only 60 gallons then. We have two 100 gallon tanks. Usually we drain them in a bout 3-4 week of real cold weather. We're still at 50%. We cook with propane and our boiler also makes the hot water. The downstairs is run off the boiler but we don't use it so the thermostat is set at 53.

We had one day when we ran on propane when we had the stove off to cool down for its first sweep. Only had a cup of cresote after about 2 cords of wood.

Shawn said:
Hi SGC, we must be close. I also drive through the Cuyahoga Valley National Park regularly. I'm in Bath Township, between Akron and Cleveland.

Shawn

Hey Shawn, yep I'm on 303 every day to and fro, nice to drive thru that park, sometimes take the scenic route, I haven't given up on writing a letter or two to the Park

Quick question, do you have a recommendation on local firewood guy, I thought of posting this on forum but hate to hog it for a regional need . . reason being my father-in-law got a bum steer from dude in Aurora area . . Thanks, also sent you this via PM

Haven't seen him since Mar 06, but these low teens/single digits have forced me to kick the oil on to supplement the pellets and avert frozen pipes. All in all not bad. I am down to 1/4 of a 275 tank and will fill it in the next few days. That will carry me until next year's deep freeze (I hope)

Unfortunitly I had too call a truck in since my tank was low, and we couldn't burn wood for a bit this winter (brrrrrr). But I think I hadn't seen him for the past two years before that though :p ... Hope its even longer next time ;) !!!

Had 3/4 of a tank of oil in 7/06 still have over 1/2 a tank now. I have a wood furnace and keep the house at 74 most of the time. I've burn over 3 cords so far this year. I should have used the oil furnace while it was warm because the wood heated the house to much and we had the window open most of Dec.

Status
Not open for further replies.