So, which is it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One is 21 'cord,' the other is 19 'full cord.' ;lol

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Me thinkith me smell some bad fish:p

Reactions: ScotO
Something fishy there. Either someone pirated someone else's pic for their own listing, or someone's scammin...

Two different phone #'s, too. Hmmm....

Same pics, different numbers. As in all the numbers, quantity, price, and phone.

Some kind of scam?

Someone tried to scam me on a chest freezer on CL a few years back. All they got was my email which they sold to other scammers who promptly started filling my spam folder.

It's likely the same outfit. The 616 area code is western Michigan, and 231 is northwest Michigan. Probably office and cell numbers or something. The price difference is trucking rates, I'm sure. At 4 mpg, distance ain't cheap, especially with no backhaul.

I was poking around this morning, looking for firewood in northern MI, and remembered seeing the other posting yesterday.

Yup. Buckley is quite some distance from Ann Arbor. No doubt a hike is price just to pay for the extra fuel for the truck.

I've been kinda sorta looking for a load, but haven't found anything closer. I (well, my sister actually) don't want to pay $100/cord for logs, when I can get it cut and split for less than $150. A twenty cord load would put her at least five years ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.