So who's NOT BURNING !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
We can't burn today, Just to Damn warm. It's about 58 outside today and maybe up to 65 and t-stroms tommorrow, WOW! I had the stove shut down today and cleaned out the chimney just because. Who knows what is next? take care everyone, fespo

72 here today as well as tomorrow. Strange, but this is Alabama!

Jason

made it to 40 today small fire in the morning to take the chill off.

I let it burn down too and cleaned the stove. Looked down the stack yesterday and it was OK, excepting the top two tiles which are getting a glaze from my "perfect" Everburn. Not to worry, I'm going to put in a SS liner and get rid of that problem later in the season...
In the meantime it sure is nice to have a little break from the freeze; but it will be back....

I don't have a fireplace :long:

Warm outside here as well, about 40F. Melting all the snow.

40 here today, just need 1 good evening fire to keep it warm.

63+ here today. Finally let the stove go out this morning after 4 WHOLE days of burning. Virginia is woodburner's hell. Too warm most days to run the stove all day, too cold to not light it at night.

UGH. I miss 24-7 burning.

On the up side, I cleaned the chimley New Years Eve so I'm set to go for the rest of the year I think. People driving by at 8 PM on New Years Eve seeing me on the room with a broom sweeping the creosote off must have thought I was some special breed of redneck or polock.

My goal is to make it to about the end of March without ever lighting a match again, haven't lit one since October 25th. We're supposed to hit low 50's Tuesday and Wednesday. Its 32 right now and around there overnight, upper 40's tomorrow, I'm banking ashes in the stove these days. Tuesday morn I'll push everything into the back corner, and light a small fire for the day. Tuesday evening, after voting in the NH primary of course, I plan to take the combustor cover out, vaccum the combustor, wash the glass, and put the cover back on. Then when I pull the ashes forward there hopefully will be enough coals to relight. It's a challenge to keep it burning through the warmer weather without heating your house warmer than you want.

It made it to the low 40s today and is 37 now. I cleaned the stove out and lit a few small splits to keep the house temp up. The fire looks downright lazy compared to what it looks like when it's 30 degrees colder outside.

Matt

Corie said:
63+ here today. Finally let the stove go out this morning after 4 WHOLE days of burning. Virginia is woodburner's hell. Too warm most days to run the stove all day, too cold to not light it at night.

Welcome to my world Corie.

BrotherBart said:
Corie said:

Sounds like a good place to catch the creosotes :snake:

Dont have that porblem ( luxurey ) out here been burning 24/7 plus. looks to be letting up some this next week

jpl1nh said:
BrotherBart said:
Corie said:

Sounds like a good place to catch the creosotes :snake:

Amen brother. And tonight up until nine o'clock four different weather services were saying 32 for the low tonight. So I go up and start up the stove. By the time the stove was leveling out at 500 I go down and look and it is 11 o'clock and 52 outside, up from 41 when I went up to light the stove. New low forecast now is 45.

Sweat city in this house tonight.

let mine go out today as it was 70 on the thermometer on the porch and out the kitchen window probably sweep chimney tomorrow since it is supposed to get cold again later this week

Another cold snap started coming in yesterday. We'll be around freezing tonight. Stove is cooking along nicely. We've worked down to a batch madrona. Boy do I love burning hardwood!

I let mine go out yesterday (Sunday) and cleaned everything. As I have a sweep coming in 2 days to check out how we're doing I may decide to leave it out until then.

Let it go out Saturday night. Cleaned up the glass and ashes out, ready to start burning when it gets cold again. I sure hate using the furnace, but you can't effectively keep the stove going when the temp is above 45.

Let it go out this morning. I'm going to sweep the chimney tonight and replace a door gasket and set it up for this weekend. NO FURNACE....dammit.

Let the OWB/Radiant run out friday so I could replace the gasket, clean the pipe and shovel ash out on sunday.
Ran the Lopi once thursday into friday AM- been off since then.
House is still 70+ degrees, might run the Lopi tonight (monday) so we should be good till late week.

Nice to have a short break (January thaw) for maintinance- Looks like we are good with wood this year.

got mine all cleaned out about a 1 lb coffee can full including the cap not bad since I got lazy last spring and then forgot this fall :sick: so it was about 1 1/2 seasons worth all powdery grey ash no black execpt the cap not even the last little bit of chimney just on the cap must be doing something right :) now I'm ready for ole man winter later this week :coolsmile:

CRAZY_DAN MUST OWN A CHAINSAW SHOP! anyways, let mine burn down/out today..supposed to be in the low 50's here..been burning steady since late October..Good time to do a good cleaning/vac out of the stove..high 50's tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.