Soapstone Convection Stoves???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leeave96

Minister of Fire
Apr 22, 2010
Western VA
I was doing a little reading of some old posts and noticed that some of the Hearthstone soapstones can be adapted to use a blower for some convection heat in addition to radiant. Seems this is accomplished via a rear shield and blower - seems pretty simple.

Anyone doing this with their Hearthstone soapstone stoves and how's it working out?

It also got me thinking that with my Woodstock Keystone, I have a rear heat shield on it and may could put a fan beneath it to blow a little air up and across the back of the stove - just like the Hearthstones.

Just courious as I would have never thought of the Hearthstone or my Keystone as being suitable for convection set-up with a blower.

Thanks!
Bill

My brother has a Hearthstone mansfield with the blower kit. Seems to work okay. This is of coarse after his 3rd stove as the previous ones developed cracked stones but thats anouther story.

Status
Not open for further replies.