Soapstone humor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

struggle

Minister of Fire
Oct 24, 2006
NW Iowa
Now that we are warming up outside and shut the soapstone stove down for a few days at a time I will often yell to my wife while cleaning it out (4 days since last fire) that there are still hot coals in the stove and gloat about how great this thing is %-P

Glad you like the stove. However, the hot coal thing can happen with many stoves....and in ashes that have been cleaned out of stoves.

You had some pretty good spring air out there! We did hit 68 one day but 50's other days. Now it's back to chilly again and predicted a low in the teens tonight.

When the fire is out and the stove is cold is it a "gentle cold"? :coolsmirk:

Me thinks it would be a gentle cold if'n ya had one of these sittin' on it!

Backwoods Savage said:
Glad you like the stove. However, the hot coal thing can happen with many stoves....and in ashes that have been cleaned out of stoves.

You had some pretty good spring air out there! We did hit 68 one day but 50's other days. Now it's back to chilly again and predicted a low in the teens tonight.

Yeah it is not to out of line three days later to have a few stray coals in it. It just seems to be the joke around here that four days later you could start it again with just left over coals.

We now rely on the upstairs fireplace to heat the house on the cooler nights. I am pretty sure we are done with the stove for the season now unless some big storm rolls into our area.

I am glad it is winding down now. I always get kind of tired of the wood burning towards this time of year. The trees in our yard are starting to bud and last night while taking the trash can out I could hear birds rustling in the pine trees and see robins out everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.