Soapstone Stove FINALLY installed!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic99

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2006
MA, Suburb of Lowell
I can't believe it . . . it's been a year in the making but I finally had a Hearthstone Homestead soapstone stove installed and inspected yesterday. Whoo . . . Hoo!

I'll post a picture soon. It's beautiful.

I originally thought that with a preexisting centrally located fireplace, the process would be somewhat easier. Wrong. That said, I have no regrets. Yesterday we burned 2 break-in fires and will go off fossil fuels this weekend. So exciting.

Thanks for everyone's advice throughout this process. I imagine that I'll be contributing more now that I'm actually burning.

Congratulations Clownfish, our Homestead was installed over the summer and I could hardly wait until Fall to start using it. I have definitely had(still have) a learning curve. I didn't have a thermometer until a couple of weeks ago. That helped. It's been a great stove so far. Hope u can post a pic.

You will love it the most Saturday night. Supposed to get down to around 12 near me, could be single digits up your way.
Go for that 70 degree temperature differential :)

Thanks.

Here's a picture.

Attachments

• Homestead 1.JPG
    Homestead 1.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 596
Sssweeeet! Congrats.

Very nice-Enjoy :)

Oh dat looks nice.

Enjoy!

Very nice, should be toasty warm this winter.

Very nice,what are you doing above the fire place looks like you took down some plaster?

Cool, I mean Hot! We are having our first snow today and it looks great. I have the stove loaded and we'll have lots of heat. Predicted to have 30-50 mph winds tomorrow and the temp will rise to the high 50's.

Thanks all.

Yes, Budman, perhaps some sheet rock on the very back walls. My wife and I are still trying to decide whether or not to leave the chimney column exposed. It's got an interesting twist to it and does radiate some heat where it meets the mantle. But clearly it doesn't match the brick below.

Status
Not open for further replies.