Solar decision

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
South Jersey
After doing some research, I guess you never do enough, we are considering getting a solar system.

There are many companies on the market and they all promise everything beyond the horizon.

Some of our neighbors went with Solar City.

Considering my age I do not want to commit to a long term loan, so we consider a lease plan.

What are you experiences with Solar City (other recommendations welcome) in NJ?

You may want to swing over to the Solar Panel Talk forum and search a few threads. Overall they don't have a great reputation with people who know better. There are better companies who offer the same thing, unfortunately you are going have to ask around in your area.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
I am very interested in solar city also. Some of my neighbors in the neighborhood have gone that route. I don't know them though. But whatever you can find I am interested in knowing also.

Status
Not open for further replies.