1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Solar friendly southern California?

Post in 'The Green Room' started by begreen, Aug 17, 2013.

1. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Stumbled on this one today. Anybody live in So.Ca?

Based on their facebook page I suspect they are going to be mounting a big pr campaign very shortly.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Hmmm, my power went out 30 minutes after posting this. :mad: Back on now and the sun is shining on the solar panels.
  3. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Consider that a warning shot Mr. BeGreen. We have our eyes on you...

Sincerely,
    The Shadow Forces.
  4. Mr A

Mr A Minister of Fire

Loc:
    N. California
    Free energy from solar sounds good to me until I divide the cost of the solar system by my average monthly bill. Then, it makes no sense. It would be great to have a self energy generating home, but the cost is prohibitive. I've looked into geothermal, and the permit alone to drill the well holes required are prohibitive, not to mention the high cost of a drill rig crew. Someday the technology may there to make solar, wind, etc cost efficient, it isn't there yet.
    StihlHead likes this.
  5. StihlHead

StihlHead Guest

Same here. Read the juicy ads, look at he bottom line, crunch the numbers, even with all the rebates and tax deductions, the payback is way out there beyond 20 years (at best).

Here is the scoop behind the Edison web spoof and the political flap involved:

http://www.kcet.org/news/rewire/commentary/protesters-visit-sce-headquarters-over-solar-battle.html