Sold my 395xp and finished my 036 Pro project saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clyde S. Dale

Feeling the Heat
Dec 17, 2010
SE PA
Just like the title says, my 395xp is gone. I only ran it for about 5 hours total but it was perfect for the 25"+ oak logs I used it to cut. I'll miss it but I always knew I would sell it when in bought it this past summer. The 395xp is a BIG saw. Not worth it to keep around for the occasional large diameter log.

So a couple weeks ago I bought an 036 Pro project saw. The P & C were toast and the saw had been run hard with the chain brake engaged. I found an OEM cylinder locally and bought a new Meteor piston for it. I also fixed the chain brake damage, put on a new clutch and rim sprocket and a new 3/8 20" bar with 2 chisel chains. I got it assembled this morning, started it and tuned it. Tomorrow I am gonna go cut some wood with it so while still clean I snapped some photos for you all to enjoy.

image.jpg image.jpg

Nice looming saw.good job bringing it back to life. Post some pics of your cutting tomorrow

Nice job, I love my 036, mine is ported and pound for pound it's the most powerful saw I've ever run.

You've got some nice saws in your arsenal. One of these days I will send one off to TN for porting. I do have right of first refusal on a local 372xp ported by Dozer Dan.

good looking saw, nice job. I love my ms362.

I put 2 tanks of fuel through the 036 yesterday and did some bucking and some noodling of mostly red oak. The power to weight is awesome. The weight is so close to my MS261 I can't tell the difference when I pick one up and put the other down. The only (minor) complaints I have are the air filtration and the rubber AV mounts. Not that I ever doubted the hype, but my high expectations for this saw were met and with new piston and rings it's still breaking in!

Status
Not open for further replies.