Sold some firewood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clr8ter

Feeling the Heat
Oct 4, 2010
Southern NH
I recently sold off some odd sized firewood I didn't want to deal with. I wasn't sure how much was there, since I did't stack it too neatly. So the guy comes, and I hem & haw, and finally tell him 50 bucks for 2 small pikes, and we'll finish his trailer with another. So he shows up, and I measure his trailer, which is 64 CU'. So I basically sold him 1/2 a cord for 50 bucks. Some of it was green-ish oak, and some of of it was crappy apple, and the rest was 4 year dry hardwood. But, I told him 50 bucks earlier, so I had to stick to it. Well, he just called again 10 min ago. I told him I couldn't give him the same deal, but would sell him another 1/4 for $62. I should stop selling it before I loose my shirt, huh?

Reactions: smokinj
Well if it was stuff you could not use and was taking up space then now you have $50 where before you had clutter...I think it's a win-win. :)

I have all the green Oak a guy could want! ;lol

Selling fire wood.:eek:
Gosh I cringe when i think about it. All that work & someone else get to burn it .
But you cleaned up an area & he got a good deal of some well seasoned wood.
Good for both parties, :)

Reactions: quads
Yeah, the apple was nasty and messy, and I got sick of looking at it. The greenish oak was stacked in a weird spot, kind of in the way. Didn't plan that out too well. I just didn't want it in the way for 2 years, or to have to move it.

At $62 for a quarter cord you're getting a decent price for the firewood. You have to decide if you want to sell more, but at least you're getting market value for it.

Reactions: Thistle and quads
Selling fire wood.:eek:
Gosh I cringe when i think about it. All that work & someone else get to burn it .
But you cleaned up an area & he got a good deal of some well seasoned wood.
Good for both parties, :)

I sell some of the wood I cut and split. I sell to the locals and the local campers in the area. I have a tree service drop log loads for me, then i prossess it and keep some for me and sell some. It pays for my wood , so all in all, I am burning free wood. I keep enough to stay ahead of the game and meet some of the nicest people. I sell for $50-60 a face cord , depending on the amount they buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.