SOLD!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Massmudman

Jan 27, 2010
Eastern MA
Gotta love Craigslist! I just sold my Whitfield including a slate hearth and vent kit! I think I got some good coin for it and now just have a few other wood stoves to cash in on before I pool it all together and look for something new or newer. Just had to share in my joy, and the extra room in my garage. I'm sure going to miss her, but not the non autostart and no thermostst features.

Attachments

• Cascade.jpg
    Cascade.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 540
The model T starter was reliable, until you broke your arm.

So I guess getting $800 for it wasn't that bad then. It was a very reliable stove though and with all the extras I threw in at least I thought it was a fair asking price. And get this...he didn't even try to haggle on the price even once. Now I have never had that happen when dealing with CL'ers before.
I just returned home from the stove shop, WOW! the new woodburners are expensive. Trying to pick a new one out is gonna be tricky.

slls said:
The model T starter was reliable, until you broke your arm.

I guess that stove would be great, until you lose some facial hair starting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.