Solo 40 by-pass damper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougcarlo

Jul 29, 2008
Interior Alaska
Well now I got my stack temp. up, I am having trouble with the damper sticking closed after my load has burned up. My stack temp. is between 500 and 600. I have had to take the cover off and pry it off. Any suggestions as to I am doing wrong? Thanks Doug

Mine used to stick a little at first as well, but works just fine now. Make sure there is no buildup where it needs to close. Smoke goes through there when your fire is first starting and can gunk it up over time. Also, make sure that it isn't the actual lever that is catching instead of the flap.

Mine also used to stick when it was new. No problems here now, If I remember correctly it stuck before I had storage and the boiler would idle when up to temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.