Solo 40 First burn question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawandorder

Mar 17, 2008
upstate new york
Solo 40 up and running wih 500 gal of storage. THe installer just left and I have the fire going. I have been hearing a lot of noise coming from the baseboard since the zones came online. IS this normal and will work its way out on its own or could there be a problem. Dont really want to bother the installer already since he left one hour ago. Thanks

Sounds like air in the baseboard. There should be a bleed at some of the elbows on the baseboard piping, when the zone isn't calling for heat you can carefully crack the cap and release any air in the line. Have a towel ready for any water that comes out and be carefull because its hot. Other wise the air scoop should eventually take this air out. Don't know about the SOLO but on the EXCEL there is a vent on the top opf the boiler as well. I had to bleed this several times to get all of the air out.

There's a good chance it will work it's way out, but speaking as an installer, I'd prefer to know about it. If you're willing to wait it out and see what happens, let him know that as well, but tell him about it so he knows that he might need to come out again tomorrow or the next day. Knowing that you might need to make a follow-up visit really helps with scheduling...

Joe

Is this newly installed baseboard?
If so, it could be expansion and contraction, the slides beneath not properly installed.

Top of Tarm also is to be installed with a coin vent bleed valve, or equivalent. Check to make sure no air in top of the Tarm.

just cracked the vents and that let some of it out. Called the installer and he thanked you for having me let him know. He came right over and checked all the zones and bled them out. Had to reload the Tarm to get the storage temps up. Thanks for all the help. I was sort of freakn out a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.