Solo 40 install, help needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougcarlo

Jul 29, 2008
Interior Alaska
I am in the planning stages of installing my Solo 40 in parallel with my existing fuel boiler and need some help. The parallel diagram in the book shows my existing circ. pump coming off my supply manifold, but mine comies off the return manifold then back into the boiler. Do I need a weighted check valve before my pump? I plan on piping my Solo feed into the return of my existing boiler and the return into the supply of the existing boiler. Does anyone have a diagram how they hooked up theres? Thanks for the hlep. Doug

The 'simplest pressurized storage' sticky shows a parallel installation. In your case, ignore the storage side of it. You'll need a circulator with check valve (you can get them with check valves built in) for each boiler. The circulator can be on either the inlet side or the outlet side.

Status
Not open for further replies.