solo Saturday night...prep the saw!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktail

Minister of Fire
Sep 18, 2011
Western WA
GF is gone for the weekend. I got home late from work and had myself a grand time. I fired up itunes, grabbed a couple of beers, and went out to the garage. A little Keith Whitley, a little Alabama, a little Alan Jackson, and my Stihl got a chain sharpening and a general cleaning. October is firewood cutting time and my gear's ready to go. I even sharpened and cleaned the POS Poulan I have for small yard jobs. Temps here were in the 80's today but it'll be comfortable working temps in a few weeks. I can't wait!

Supposed to be highs in the mid 70s this week. I'll take it, the last few days have been a bear, as hot and humid as it was. Time to get my shorties/uglies bin made and filled.

Last edited:
Yep nothing like a man bonding with his tools. Being prepared and being on point

Supposed to be highs in the mid 70s this week. I'll take it, the last few days have been a bear, as hot and humid as it was. Time to get my shorties/uglies bin made and filled.

It's been pretty brutal the past few weeks. Hard to do any work outside without sweating profusely.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Agreed, I work outside so I might be a little more accustomed to it, but yesterday was Africa hot with no wind. Storms rolled through last night and now its workable weather. I should be outside doing SOMETHING now or later today. I'm looking out my window as I type this at the half constructed uglies bin and pile near it. Maybe another cup of coffee will get me motivated. Been working 6 days a week for the last 3 months so its nice to relax for a little while on a Sunday anyway

Reactions: JTRock
I have a desk job that I work approx 50-55 hours a week. The side projects are the only things that make me feel like a useful man lol! Working on the house or the yard certainly gives this desk jockey purpose in life.

I need to finish reinforcing my wood shed, stack 3 cord. Take down a wall were my insert is located for better flow through the house.

Good deal. I have to clean my stack soon also. One of my buddies has a saying- "If you wait until the last minute it only takes a minute" lol. Won't be long until the Manny is getting fired up

Haha! Never heard that prospective before. But yes always something to do including firing up my tractor and mowing the grass out back. I have to wake up my kid to do poop patrol down by the dog poop spot. Nothing more irritating than cleaning dog crap out of the tires. The aroma makes for less than pleasurable experience

same here, had a solo night but ended up falling asleep early, think I had heat stroke due to the absurd amount of heat and humidity yesterday, also thought I was gonna get called into work due to the severe thunderstorm threat, didn't materialize though, today is gonna be the day I catch and finish yesterdays project, ripping out bushes, using 6x6's to make a boarder against the back of the house and filling it with river stone. Next weekend I'll move all my single rows together and top cover it for the rest of the season. Seems like every month has its own scheduled projects or "homestead maintenance"

As much as we all have to do. It's an awesome feeling knowing we are keeping our families and ourselves warm for the upcoming season

Poop patrol haha! We have 4 dogs and to patrol that would take way more time than I'm interested in. I have 1.5 acres I mow, I have gotten immune to the smell and the hose takes care of the tires when I'm done. Plus I live in the woods so no neighbors to complain like where we used to live in a development

Last edited:
Believe it or not my Shepherd is trained to poop and whiz in a specific location by command.the area isint fenced off or contained so sometimes you'll find a surprise close by where you wouldn't expect. Having the dog trained for that area is so much easier on everyone and especially the kids so they don't have to worry about landmines and my wife not cleaning the house floors and me not worrying about my tractor tires lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.