Solved: Anyone Have Whitfield Quest Manual or Wiring Diagram Please?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Madcodger

Edit: WAIT - I found one here in another thread... Sorry...

But if anyone has ideas on what I did (see below) would appreciate them.

Well, I went to look at some things on the back of the board on my Whitfield Quest (not Plus) and believe I may have pulled a wire loose on the back of the stove (not board) as I turned the side panels out to gain access. My auger light comes on as it does when the auger is turning (every x seconds) but the auger itself is not turning. Was fine earlier in day, and then I turned off stove (decent temps outside today). If anyone has a manual and/or schematic / wiring diagram it should make diagnosis easier. Would appreciate any help possible. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wiring schematic is on the inside of 1 of the side panels.

Wiring schematic is on the inside of 1 of the side panels.
Unfortunately not on this old fellow - may have been removed at some point in the past... BUT I found the link to the service manual posted some time ago by Stovenson (thank you!). Ended up just being a disconnected wire on the auger motor, pulled loose when I opened the left panel too far. Had just enough reach with my long arms to go in over the top (this is an insert) and get it back on. Back to a toasty office, although barely needed today with warmer temps. Down to 17 at night early next week, though, so glad to have the little guy back on line.

The more I look at this, the more I realize just how simple this stove is. The board is essentially just a timer with a POT for adjustment, a power switch and auger switch, and a two-speed controller for the convection blower. The damper isn't even connected to the board. I think I could probably build an Arduino or Raspberry Pi that could take over if I ever wanted to experiment a bit, but there's little need for it now (although two resistors on the board are hot, which may indicate a future need... I think I enjoy this thing more than the MVAE at times, due to its simplicity. But it is a pellet pig, in comparison, without the ignitor or an ability to connect a stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.