Some action pics from this afternoon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trailrated

Feeling the Heat
Dec 8, 2009
Maryland
Got a chance to cut up some Ash deep in the woods

Summer storm knocked this one down mid way up, been laying mostly off the ground

1.jpg
This Ash needed to come down. (One that looks like a 'Y' with the left left a bit shorter) It ended up getting hung up so gotta tackle that another day.

2.jpg

Got the box and front bucket all loaded up

3.jpg
Now for the exit.....Ugh, didn't like it but after 2 trips I gotta let it dry up a bit. Tractor was spinning to much for my liking up this steep hill

4.jpg

And the look down.....pics don't really do the hill justice

5.jpg

Nice tractor Nice pics!

Awesome! If all goes well, hope to have a tractor by 50 - ten years to go:(. Cheers!

Reactions: BobUrban
Great stuff there and photos never do justice to steep hills. I have taken pic on triple black diamonds skiing out west that looked like level ground.

Love the tractor

Thanks fellas, The tractor sure does help with things. A while back I picked up a carry-all frame from TSC and built the wooden box on it. It has 3 removable sides to give options depending on what you want to carry. Its mainly used for firewood though.

Great pictures trailrated. Nice ash you have too and your stove will love it. Looks like your ground is not frozen! We won't have that problem for quite some time.

Wow, looks like you were way back in the woods. Or way DOWN in the wood I mean.

Be careful out there.

Thanks for sharing your pictures! always nice to see what folks are doing out in the woods!

Kubota? by the color. I would love a new tractor but if I did I wouldnt be hauling wood with it.
who do they match up with for engines? is it a diesel or gas?

Kubota? by the color. I would love a new tractor but if I did I wouldnt be hauling wood with it.
who do they match up with for engines? is it a diesel or gas?

Yes, its a Kubota w/ a diesel. Kubota also manufactures their own engines. Kubotas are tough machines. Why wouldn't you haul wood with it? Hauling wood is my tractor's main duties.

On another note, I wanted to complete the job that day but that skinny ash got hung up and I gotta go back down deep in the woods LOL, again and get it when the ground improves.

Wow, almost looks like a northern hardwood stand with the ash & beech. Just need some hard maple stocking, maybe some yellow birch, and a smattering of black cherry. Oh, and another foot or two of snow :). Thanks for the photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.