Some Are VERY Happy They Have A Wood Stove !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TX-L

Burning Hunk
Sep 1, 2010
Tug Hill State Forest, NY
There were numerous power outages. These photos are from the northern New York ice storm over the weekend. Now it's forecast for below zero at night and single digit high temps during the day. Wish you were here!

Attachments

• LeRay Ice.jpg
    LeRay Ice.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 174
  • LeRay Ice 2.jpg
    LeRay Ice 2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Car Mirror Ice.jpg
    Car Mirror Ice.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 168
  • Watertown Ice.jpg
    Watertown Ice.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Truck Coating.jpg
    Truck Coating.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 153
Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Yeah it's been bad over in New England too, I was lucky to be a few degrees above freezing and missed out on all the fun.

Reactions: raybonz
Man I was wondering how it was up there!
We had ice on everything but not enough to shut us down.
I am planing on heading up to Winona Forest,drop there then ride the sleds to the hill the 26th.
Will I be ok? is the snow good?
Do you think the trails will be blocked off from branches?

I have a generator and a wood stove, I am ready (this will bring on a mild winter in connecticut for sure

Yeah it's been bad over in New England too, I was lucky to be a few degrees above freezing and missed out on all the fun.
Yeah we toughed it out here in SE Mass. with T-shirts and Bermuda shorts lol.. Amazing contrast! Hope everyone is staying warm who were affected by this storm!

Ray

We lucked out and were out of power only about 6 hours. Not so lucky just about 15 miles south of us as they have been out since Saturday night. Estimates are for many to be out of power until Friday. I can imagine the businesses scurry around trying to get heat and/or refrigeration. Then there are the thousands of homes. Last I heard was around 260,000 here in MI that lost power.

Tonight will be around zero so I hope people can heat enough to keep pipes from freezing. I also fear a strong wind which we normally get when a big cold front moves in. Seeing all the ice on trees and power lines spells possible disaster in the making. Lord, we are thankful for wood heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.