Some changes for next year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures and electronic communications are great. I still would prefer a walk in the woods, or a pina colada on a Caribbean beach, rather than looking at a picture album. Us jack pine savages from the frozen tundra of northern MN need a little human interaction once in awhile. Playing with snow fleas all year just doesn't quite cut it.

sweetheat said:
I'm still in the learning curve, but I do envy people who have storage tanks that are pressurized. To be able to store 200 degree water temps seems very efficient. The EPDM I hope will last for 10 to 15 years, when it goes I'll replace with pressurized storage. sweetheat

Actually, as your water temperature increases, the overall system efficiency decreases. The lower you can keep your overall system temperature, the less fuel you will use. Mostly the higher water temps just give you longer cycle times between boiler firings.

I agree whole heartedly that pressurized storage is the way to go, though no the "only" way.

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.