Some chickens are for eggs. Some to raise chicks. Some maybe even to eat.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Krabappel

Minister of Fire
Jan 31, 2010
Blue Ridge Mountains NC
But some you just keep around so you can have guaranteed belly laugh every single day.

Meet Spotty and Scotty.

Attachments

• apps.jpg
    apps.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 392
  • app2.jpg
    app2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 390
have you no speacially trained fighting chickens? they could wear masks, like the luchiadores do. There may be a market for well rehearsed "fake" chicken fighting (think WWE with chickens). If you need a ring announcer, just let me know.

That one on the right has a sweet head-dress.....very authentic looking.

:lol: Cool chickens. If that is what they really are? Did you decorate them in your spare time? I have never seen a chicken that looks like that. Nice job with them Kathleen! :lol:

poor, poor creatures :coolhmm:

pen

Cool looking fowl, there K :)

My personal preference

[youtube]http://youtu.be/e4ujS1er1r0[/youtube]

(sorry just had too ;-P )

Thinking gravy here...

That, my friends, is the national chicken of Switzerland. Very docile. Cold hardy. Comical to behold. Even a decent egg layer. Well the hen anyway.

Don't name your food.

Proof that God has a sense of humor...

Been there before. I can just so totally understand that they would have a national chicken. :lol:

And still believe that they have high school required courses in stacking firewood.

Here's your sign ... "Poulet Chalet"
laughing-smiley-017.gif

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
That, my friends, is the national chicken of Switzerland. Very docile. Cold hardy. Comical to behold. Even a decent egg layer. Well the hen anyway.

So what does your rooster do. :lol:

btw, do you know when a pullet becomes a hen? When it loses its first foot race...

Backwoods Savage said:
So what does your rooster do. :lol:

btw, do you know when a pullet becomes a hen? When it loses its first foot race...

That particular rooster pretended he wasn't a rooster for as long as he could because the yard boss weighs about 12 pounds.

re: the pullet joke. My previous roo was a wee bantam. Shortie just couldn't service the full sized hens. The first day that I brought the 12 pound yard boss home, he immediately deflowered all the spring pullets. It was like an assembly line :bug:

Cold hardy?

My hair looks like that when I get up in the morning... :shut: :lol:
I love those chickens....that is my fav part of the Bloomsberg fair...looking at all the funky chickens and other animals.

No matter who I go to the fair with, they complain of the stink in the animal area. It doesn't bother me at all. I guess when you work in healthcare and have been projectile vomited on and pooped on, the sniffer kinda dies out. :smirk:

I've heard of pulchritudinous, but now I've seen poultrytudinous.

More ridiculous chickens

Attachments

• mille.jpg
    mille.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 193
  • mille2.jpg
    mille2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 190
Had a few Araucanas and would always get a smile when I found their funny colored eggs.
Though many chickens look funny, Guinea Hens always act funny and are outright blast just to watch.

Agent said:
Had a few Araucanas and would always get a smile when I found their funny colored eggs.
Though many chickens look funny, Guinea Hens always act funny and are outright blast just to watch.

They make excellent watch dogs. You'll always know when someone drives in.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
More ridiculous chickens

Holy crap...look at the legs and feet on that bad boy.... :bug: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.