Some cracked Bricks.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleby

Feb 16, 2008
Eastern PA
I'm going to fire up my Englander this weekend but have a few fire bricks that have cracked corners. Nothing cracked down the middle or anything. Done this matter?? Should I replace those bricks first or is it a non issue?

That is what I mean. There are like 1" corners of 2 peices that are lost and missing. The corner is broken and gone from the day I brought it home.

Appleby said:
That is what I mean. There are like 1" corners of 2 peices that are lost and missing. The corner is broken and gone from the day I brought it home.

They are made that way. Those two go on the floor of the firebox on each side of the secondary air manifold in the back.

Nope, another two random ones. I have the manifold ones accounted for. These ones are list the normal brick. I'm sure i can find two locally before this weekend.

They also ship it with one with the corner off that goes by the door latch in the front right of the stove now. Seems some folks were having the latch catch of the front brick.

You can also trade places with one of the bricks on the floor of the stove, if they are the same size. A broken brick on the floor of the stove won't matter because the cracks and missing corners get filled in with fine ash anyway.
I'm not familiar with the Englander stoves, so I don't know if any of the side bricks are interchangable with the floor bricks.

New firebricks are $2.09 a piece at Rona around here, so they are probably even cheaper where you are.

BrotherBart said:
They also ship it with one with the corner off that goes by the door latch in the front right of the stove now. Seems some folks were having the latch catch of the front brick.

OK, that solves one. I really didn't notice that that one was suppose to be cracked. It's a non-issue now as the other is a really small corner crack that I will just place on the bottom. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.