Some days.. the wood has to wait. Pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JP11

Minister of Fire
May 15, 2011
Central Maine
I got to have my coffee on the tractor this am. This is why I always keep a wheeler load of gravel on hand. Been pouring all day. I did make my parking pad for wood bigger. I'll take some pics when I'm done building an arc.

JP

Attachments

• IMG_0607.JPG
    IMG_0607.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 238
What a washout! Is that your driveway I assume if you are repairing it? If so I am very jealous, what beautiful property!

Looks like you had a real gulley washer there!

Looks like you had a real gulley washer there!

Yeah.. this culvert has been overfull twice in 4 years. Time for a bigger one. Water came up about 4' in the ditch to make it over the top. It MIGHT have had a little help in some small brush that was on the bank about 50 yards down.

Half mile of driveway. Wash was only about 2" on the uphill side. Was still passable by car. Downhill side needed about two feet of gravel. It used up all my stored material. That's ok.. I've been getting a bit of gravel to make the wood processing/storing area bigger. I KNow, I know.. Pics. To dang wet out there. Back to work tomorrow.

JP

No fun to cut wood in the rain anyway :)

Maybe you need to stock it with trout. LOL :)

Sump pump here has run more in the last 24 hours than I think it did most of the Spring . . . my yard looks like mid-Spring with all the puddles.

I got to have my coffee on the tractor this am. This is why I always keep a wheeler load of gravel on hand. Been pouring all day. I did make my parking pad for wood bigger. I'll take some pics when I'm done building an arc.

JP
I saw some places received 5+ inches of rain your way, last spring up here some camps/houses were flooded out but this year has been real dry until the last 10 days so, we need it.

zap

these last couple of weeks EVERYTHING has had to wait. it seems its always raining on my days off. i can't cut wood, cut the lawn, haul stuff around my property, spray the poison ivy, pour the footings for the stairs, etc. all these projects have to wait. plus, no rock climbing for me and the wife. but....i'll take this over a drought. thankfully we haven't had flooding rains, just consistent soakers. a pain in the arse but droughts are scary. in my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.