Some favorite fall pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice pics.

Mrs Woodchip is almost packing her case now to come to the USA to see your fall!

Those pictures really are awesome.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Its starting around here. Next weekend will probably be the peak. At the cabin....
fall2012a.jpg

And prepping for a fish fry:
fish fry.jpg

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Nice shot Jags. That fish fry must have been awesome. I can almost smell them cooking.

You'll need to amp up the image to keep up with some of the postcards posted here.

maybe something like this? fall2012a_.jpg

That is more the fault of my phone (camera) than the lack of mother nature's awesomeness. I am hoping that this weekend really shines. The leafers are starting to run the river. I think we well be taking a Looonnggg cruise this weekend.

And fresh walleye barely an hour from swimming, boiled in oil is pretty tough to beat. Had way more than we could eat. Hush puppys and onion rings along with a nice salad were also on the menu.

By the way, BG - that enhanced pic is actually more accurate than the original pic when compared to mother nature.

Reactions: certified106
Just saw this today sure wish I can make it! Maybe next year.

560597_10151183934723988_1422369061_n.jpg

Aerial Fall Color Tour Oct 6, 2012

Enjoy a 20 minute airplane ride over the Sault area during the Fall Color Tour event at the Sault Ste. Marie city airport Sanderson Field. Your donation of $25 per seat/person goes towards flight scholarships. Rain date is Sunday, Oct. 7th.

Time: 09:00 AM To 03:00 PM
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 906-635-0252
DISCLAIMER!!! the trees are currently more colorful than in this photo

Billy, I tried to talk the wife into going for a plane ride but she said no. Guess we'll have to stay home.

Fall this year is more of a browning than with color. It's just too dry. We are in the longest dry streak ever recorded here. 76 days and still counting. I think we are going to lose some trees due to this. Nothing but sun in the forecast.

weather.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.