Some good Books

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soupy1957

Minister of Fire
Jan 8, 2010
Connecticut
www.youtube.com
Recently I ordered these three books........(anyone read them yet?)

“The Woodburner's Companion” (Practical Ways of Heating with Wood)

“The New Woodburner's Handbook” (Down-to-Earth Energy Book)

“The Backyard Lumberjack”

-Soupy1957

ya i read all 3 the backyard lumber jack is a good well all 3 are good i dont want to ruin it for ya. did u do the amazon 3? thats what i did too.

Haven't heard of any of them, but I'll check them out. My bible dates from 1977.

The Woodburners Encyclpopedia: Wood As Energy, by Jay W. Shelton, Ph.D. and Andrew B. Shapiro, Vermont Crossroads Press. It cost me a whopping $6.95 way back then.

All of this pre-dates the EPA standards, so there are some pretty antiquated notions that would make many here cringe, but the basics of wood combustion don't change, and the format is very good. Nothing anybody has said on this board really contradicts what is contained in this volume, and the book contains much simple but useful info for burning the old stoves like mine.

Argus66: Yes, Amazon.com

Battenkiller: I'll look that one up.

-Soupy1957

Battenkiller: I found the book you were speaking of.............Amazon.com had only "used" copies, but I ordered one anyway.

-Soupy1957

Status
Not open for further replies.